Chapter 9

I have changed the book's cover. I just want to ask.. is it better now? Or before? // thank you for reading 🙏

Recap :

Not another second went by before the weak girl who sat with her body stiff and frail, fell to the ground as her eyes rolled to the back of her head. The double oak doors of her safe haven blew open with the blunt force of someone's shoe as the notorious man stepped in with full rage.

//

HE was furious and beyond common sense at this point, she cowardly hid in her room, as he banged harshly on her doors continuously. After having had enough of getting no response he took some calm steps back before lifting his left leg, and thrusted his large foot against the strong doors. They didn't budge even after the extensive force he applied so Dawar plunged against the poor door again and again with his hard shoe, unaware that the poor girl sat right behind them. One after the other, the attacks become more menacing when suddenly one shove was so hard that the doors lock broke and they went flying open. Dawar fuming with rage entered her room as he ferociously ran his eyes from one corner to the other but found her no where, suddenly his eyes fell on the floor and he found her on her stomach fallen and pretty much unconscious.

Without another thought, worry took over his senses and he quickly squatted using his big calloused hands to turn her over. Her eyes were shut and face pallid with her lips turning purple. Her body temperature was below normal as he furiously tried to wake her up by tapping her arms and gently shaking her shoulders. She gave no response and Dawar had no other option but to pick her up in his arms and lay her on the bed. He found a jug of water on her side table so he poured some in his hands and sprinkled it on her face. She blinked her eyes a few times when suddenly her eyes opened lazily. Her face  colour was pale as her eyes seemed blood shot.

Dawar took a back seat and stood a few feet away giving her a few minutes to regain conscious. He was confused why she had lost it in the first place. Was she really that scared of him? She looked around her room left and right as if lost and not able to comprehend her current situation.

"You fainted", he bellowed, sitting on a seat beside her. Her eyes crashed towards his and they widened noticeably. She instantly sat straight but her head was probably spinning which caused her to fall back on her bed. Before her head could bash against the wooden bed frame Dawar ran to her aid and supported her frame with his arms. He gently placed her against the head board and sat back down. "I didn't mean to scare you", he tried to justify. He stared at her, an almost disquieted look on his face. Serina gazed back at him silently with expressionless eyes. Her hands though, we're quivering violently which gave away her façade. Everything now seemed to be a question to him... why had she fainted?, why did she look so afraid of him? And most importantly why does he feel like the bad guy?

"Nobody ever means to", she whispered quietly. Her eyes stared at the bedsheet which had such intricacies that her mind became occupied with tracing them. "But seriously, why did you run from the library?", he asked calmly, in such a soft tone that it left her bewildered for a few moments. Was he the same guy who had just chased her up here a few moments ago? "Because I thought..", she stopped. Trying to gauge his reaction. Was it reasonable enough to tell him that she was afraid he would physically assault her? "What?", he impatiently asked. His foot which had just committed a grave act was no tapping on the marble floor of her bedroom. "I thought", she stopped, gathering strength again. "I thought you were about to punch me in the face", she flatly let out without hesitation the second time. He stared at her wide eyed in response. She noticed the growing anger surging though his orbs and her heart picked up speed. "Why?", he asked. So calm.. so gentle... even him being gentle with her seemed to be a red flag. Like red sirens everywhere shouting at her too take a run yet again. "I don't know", she honestly told him in a low voice. Serina wished in that moment that she hadn't admitted to why she ran from there. He could have thought anything it wouldn't concern her.