Chapter 21.

""The weird, weird thing about devastating loss is that life actually goes on

""The weird, weird thing about devastating loss is that life actually goes on. When you're faced with a tragedy, a loss so huge that you have no idea how you can live through it, somehow, the world keeps turning, the seconds keep ticking." ~ James Patterson

~~~~

Authors Note : Sorry for the long wait, I've started back work and I've been super busy with everything ! But to make up for it , I'll definitely update twice this week so enjoy ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was feeling too much all at once and his words hit me like a train, there was no way I could live with him .

Not to mention he was married , which is exactly what I pointed out to him .

"Yes , that is true but I suppose it is time for Iris to learn about you "

I let out a hysterical laugh , my eyes wide and my hands shaking " You can't think she's going to be okay with this . You can't just spring me on her like that and I-I don't want to live with you , I cant live with you . You killed William "

Tyr watched me, his face unreadable .

"I am being very considerate right now Raven . He's lucky I didn't fuck you over his dead corpse and I don't care what anyone , including you thinks . You will live me with and that's it . It wasn't a choice " He ground out , his eyes flashing .

"This is madness" I whispered, scrubbing my eyes furiously .

He expected me to live with him and his wife ?

His wife who I had actually met .

Would she be furious after seeing me ? Would she think I had turned up to see her as a way to taunt her ? Would Tyr explain the whole situation to her ?

It was all too much and the more I thought about , the worse my headache got .

"That may be so but I've made up my mind . I will..." Tyr trailed off with a frown " ... Give you some privacy and time to say goodbye, would that make you happy ?"

Biting my lip , I tried to wrap my head around his words . I still thought his plan was insane but it was clear he was trying to make some sort of compromise to make the adjustment easier for me . He knew it would make me unhappy so he was trying not to make it sudden like the last time I had been kidnapped by Rosie and then by him.

"Is this an attempt to be nice?" I asked quietly , bringing my knees up and wrapping my arms around them.

"Yes. Is it working? Does it ...please you ?" He asked , his eyes curious as he took me in .

I swallowed, looking away and then flushing furiously as I saw the sick that was made up of everything I had ate earlier in the day .

Now I had calmed down, I felt embarrassed about it , so I quickly moved my eyes to my feet instead.