Chapter 17.

"Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons" ~Jessica Lange

Jessica Lange

Authors Note : I'm so sorry for the five week hiatus, I know it must have seemed so unbelievably abrupt but I've had so much going on . I won't bore everyone with the details but the main thing is that I'm officially CANCER FREE! I could cry writing this as my journey was so unbelievably tough and from ages 22-23 my life was ruined . I'm still struggling mentally but writing helps a lot and I've missed you guys . How has everyone been ? I love you guys so much , thank you for never giving up on me ❤️

~~~~~

His scent was like a blanket on a summers morning , comforting but overwhelming and I wanted to hug him and after a few seconds of deliberation , I took a deep breath and stepped into his personal space before wrapping my arms around him .

"It's okay" I muttered, flushing as his strong muscular arms circled around me .

"No it's not but I'll make it up to you . I swear it" He vowed, his tone strong and firm .

I closed my eyes , breathing in his scent , pushing back all my logical thoughts of what was going to happen next and tried to enjoy the moment as I knew after this , I would have to ask him to leave me alone for good .

"Somethings wrong" Tyr murmured, his eyes scanning me intensely .

I bit my lip , my shoulders hunched as I tried to come up with the right words.

I knew what I had to do , for my own sanity but it seemed almost ludicrous. I was rejecting Tyr. It was almost laughable .

"We should go from here. My parents can sense you and I'd like us to have some privacy" I whispered out, avoiding his eye and looking down at my feet .

"Okay" He responded softly , taking my arm gently and teleporting us away .

When my dizziness subsided , I looked around and held in a gasp.

He had taken me to his palace and into the room where he had held me when he first found out that I was his mate .

The ten days I had spent here were properly the worst days of my life . Any sort of self esteem I previous had was completely destroyed as I was reminded of how inadequate I was to be paired with someone as perfect as Tyr .

It was also crazy how much had changed since then .

Tyr had went from completely ignoring me to appointing me a bodyguard to admitting that he thought about me as much as I thought about him .

I knew he didn't ( couldn't ) love me , not really but the thought of him feeling something made me feel almost giddy .

"I've not been in here since you . I was always too scared too" Tyr said slowly , his mouth twisted in a wry smile .