It's Now or Never

Annabeth

Annabeth was waiting at the Big House, with her boyfriend, Percy. They were waiting for Carter Kane. She gave him a potion that will get him through the borders of Camp.

"I just hope he has news." She sighed, leaning towards Percy.

Percy, on the other hand, smiled, "Don't worry. He wouldn't have come here if he has nothing to worry about."

If you don't know what was happening, spies from Egypt who in fact are allies of Setne are coming to New York. Carter, on the other hand, had news. Good news? Bad news? She had no idea. All she knows is that they have to trust Carter and his friends.

One of the campers, Louis Benson, went inside, "They are here."

Annabeth and Percy looked at each other.

It's now or never.

They came outside to to see a boy with dark complexion and curly hair (which she knows is Carter) and the other girl has Arabic features, though she might look American.

"Hey man." Percy gave him a fist bump.

"Percy. Annabeth. It's been a week." He greeted.

"But I guess, you came here with something highly important to bring, Carter Kane." Someone from behind, called. Annabeth did not turn around, she always knows that it was Chiron.

"Though, I'm not sure you might like it."

"Anyway Carter, who is your friend?" Chiron said, looking at the girl.

"Well, this is Zia Rashid. Fellow magician and my girlfriend." Carter introduced.

Zia smiled faintly, "Pleased to meet you. Sadie had to stay behind to guard the house. So Carter here, had to ask me to come with him."

Annabeth motioned them to come at the Big House, "How about talking these stuff privately? A lot of them are anxious about it."

They all nodded. They came to the house and sat at the ping pong table.

Chiron spoke, "So what is the news, Carter?"

Carter spoke, "Well, I have good news and bad news-"

"Let's start with the bad news." Percy cut.

Carter gave him a look, "I am. Anyway, they have arrived in New York, just as what we expected. The thing is, they are going to Long Island first, and with the magic they bring, they can get through your borders easily."

"Because we don't have Egyptian magic." Annabeth guessed.