Combat on Fire

Hey guys, so I already wrote two short stories and writing the third one. And good news, I already have a new story coming up (it's still under construction) and I will be publishing it once the drafts are complete. P.s, Sorry for a bit long update, I had my exams. Please like and vote this story and follow me. This short story is more serious than the first two stories and does not really contain love, somewhat mostly training. Anyways Tah! Off with the story!

((((((H))))))

Carter's POV

Having a combat battle with someone else is bad, but having your girlfriend as your opponent is the worst. But I still have to do it. I can't be affected by her luminous amber eyes, I can't be affected by the fact that she is my girlfriend.

And there she goes again, summoning fireballs across me. 

"N'dah!" I reacted, blueish blue heiroglyphs beamed in front of me. A blue shield spread across me. What, I am the man here, I can't hurt a girl like that!

"Stop protecting yourself, Carter!" She criticized, again. "Get out of the shield and fight me like a pharoah!" She demanded. Well, I guess I have no choice.

"Then don't be sorry if I hit you hard!" I shot back. she just rolled her eyes, her eyes spoke for her, something like, don't be a coward Kane, you'll be sorry if you do act like one. Hitting her will be the worst thing that I had ever done, but her making me a chicken-head and being pharoah will be a nightmare come true, or l guess, doesn't matter now. When the shield faded, I was ready to combat battle with her. Oh boy.

I grabbed my khopesh from the Duat and charged her. She was ready to summon a fire ball and shoot it at me but I was able to hook her hand from doing it. I summoned a water-with-air ball (which I learned from Sadie) and threw down to her abdomen and chest. The force it had threw her back, luckily not striking the column. As she got up, she was steaming, water splats were on her Purple sleeveless tank top and her camo skin-tight jeans with combat black boots (thanks to Sadie), her hair was a bit puffed up, but it was tied into a ponytail. She has a cut from her wrist, which was where my khopesh hooked her, and the sight of her blood from her cut and from my khopesh made my heartbeat go fast and almost faint. She raised an eyebrow. I sense that she doesn't look so happy with what I did to her. Both of her hands were filled with flames. There we go again.

"Zia, not a fireball-" Too late for lectures. Zia threw a fireball at me, luckily I was able to dodge it. When I recovered, I continued.

"Anything but-" KABLAM! Fireball in my face, it was really hot, but not hot to burn my whole face. I was thrown across the floor by the force. 

"-That." I groaned. I lazily recovered and my khopesh has a new bloodstain at its tip. I looked at my arm, it has a cut bigger than hers. I want to faint by the sight, but I still have a job; to defeat Zia.

I ambushed myself at her, and vice versa, we had a tug of war using fire and combat magic, and my khopesh. The froce was so strong and it drained most of our energy, and it drew us across the floor.

"Ow." I said, My burnt face and my fire-out cut (because of the impact of the ambushing) stinged.

The bell tinged.

I got up, brushed of the dust of my shirt and jeans, and went towards Zia. There were clapping and hooting of initiates. Yes, we were showing them how to combat with combat magic with fire-elementalists and vice versa. So Amos told us (Me and Zia) to teach them. Everyone loved the idea and watched the first session, combat battling of a combat magician and a fire-elementalist magician. And since there were not so professional of those, Zia and I had no choice. I helped Zia up, and she was smiling, great, the wound didn't affect her. 

Amos (yes he was there for every first session), Sadie, Walt and Bast (Yes, Horus gave her a chance because of the request of his host) went to us.

"Let's give it up for Carter and Zia!" Walt announced. And everyone gave us an applause. There were hooting of initiates of course. No doubt.

"Great, now off you all go with Sadie and Walt for a new class, and after lunch, combat magicians and fire-elementalist magicians, we will start your training at this very room." I announced. And everyone went to the next room.

"Great, brother dear and Zia. Some battle I guess." Sadie complimented [or was it].

"Thank you, Sades." Zia thanked. I looked at her, she got my hand and put it on her shoulder. 

"Wait for us, after healing our cuts and burns, we will be watching your death magician vs. natural magician." I said.

"We will, and you still have thirty minutes to do so." Amos said. We waved them a see you later.

"This burn is really getting on my way." I complained to Zia. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Stop whining, that cut from you and that waterball bruise is stinging right now." Zia smacked me.

"Ow, what was that for?!" I complained.

"For you being such a coward." Zia scowled.

And she kissed me. All the pain went away, and I kissed her back. 

"Shall we go healing?" She asked.

"With pleasure, my queen." I let her go first. What? I am the pharoah and she is my queen...

After healing, we went to the room where Sadie and Walt's first session is going to be held. While watching, Zia leaned on my shoulder and we both smiled, just the way Sadie did for Walt.

Combat with my queen isn't all that bad for the rest of the day.