Epilogue

{Epilogue}

Luna Adrianna

Five years later

It's been five years since the attack on our southern border and I brought Octavius back from the dead. Five years since we mated and became Alpha and Luna of the Death Pack, an equal partnership. And it's been a wonderful and peaceful five years.

Our pack has adapted to their new life. Many were welcoming and open to praising the Moon Goddess again. Some weren't, but they weren't hostile about it. My mother's Moon Temple was done being repaired and ready to reopen to the pack. Along side her Temple we erected a new God of the Dead Temple. As my father's temple was destroyed during the battle. Now there was an equal balance between life and death. Light and darkness.

I was happy with how far we've come as a pack. Proud, so proud. Now that the hate group was gone they were more welcoming to me. More understanding and open. Many apologized as they were being brainwashed and told I was horrible. They were angry for some reason they couldn't recall. I forgave them obviously.

And today was a new milestone for this pack as we were opening the temples to the public today. A big opening ceremony was to take place and a lunch would follow.

"Octavius," I whine when I hear the bathroom door open. "Later, we have to get ready."

His head peeks into the shower as he pouts. "You always make me wait," he huffs.

Before I can utter another word he is in the shower with me. His hands gripping my hips and pulling me closer to him.

"We are going to be late," I tell breathless.

"Let them wait," he murmurs, his hot breath on my neck.

To say we were late was an understatement. I was able to dress in my Goddess attire and he followed in a simple black dress shirt and pants. Once again we wore ours crowns, I've grown use to the weight. I embraced it, welcomed it even.

Our pack waited eagerly for our late arrival and I was just as excited to see them. My mother was also waiting with a grin on her face.

"Nice of you two to finally join us. I see you two are settling in quite nicely," she teases.

"It's been five years, Mom," I exclaim.

"And I don't think I'll ever tire of you," Octavius whispers sending goosebumps down my spine.

Mom smiles proudly. "I love seeing when my pairings work out. Especially when it's my own children. I deal my favorites the hardest hands. You know this and you two deserve this happiness."

I only shake my head at my mother and turn to my pack.

"Good morning, my family, my pack," I start. "Today we witness the start of a new stepping stone for our pack. A new approach and adventure. I just want to express how grateful I am to call you my pack. We've come so far and this is only the beginning to that journey."

"And today is only the start of that journey. Today we are opening a new God of the Dead temple, but we are also reopening the restored and renovated Moon Goddess Temple. This project was overseen by Luna Adrianna," Octavius picks up. "And to unveil the new temples we have the Gods themselves here for it."

My parents step forward and greet the pack. The sun was now overhead and was creating the perfect atmosphere for this opening. Many use to shy away in the presence of the Moon Goddess now they stood in awe and excitement.

"I welcome you all to enjoy our new Temples. Our new space for praising and giving offerings to our Gods," I announce.

With that the doors to the temple fly open and a breeze fills the area.

"I hope we can enjoy these spaces for years and generations to come."

Octavius and I stand in the middle of the two temples as we watch people file in and take in the new buildings. His hand rested on my waist and mine on his chest. His smile was bright and full. The same smile I've come to love over these years. Truly I'll never tire of seeing it. He may be the Alpha of Death, but his smile lights up a room. Even if he doesn't want to acknowledge it.

"You know, we did pretty good with this accepting thing," he teases.

"We? It wouldn't have been possible without me. You'd probably still be this horrifying Alpha everyone feared," I respond.

He smirks. "Ah, who's to say I'm still not that terrifying Alpha you've come to love. It's too bad if you don't because you are stuck with me for all of eternity."

The rest of the day was filled with celebration of the new temples and our bright future ahead of us. We had so many more milestones and years ahead of us, I couldn't wait to see what the future had in store for us next. All I know is that I will face it with my mate beside me and my pack supporting our decisions. That's all I could ask for, the love and support of my mate and pack.

THE END