{5}

{5}

Death's Mate

Princess Adrianna

Although it hurt my wolf surfaced a few times during my night in captivity. It was for our own protection though. That male guard was suspicious and was trying to make advances. I didn't feel safe.

Yet, when the Death Alpha came into sight she put her guard up and went into survival mode. We had no clue what he had in store for us and surely it wouldn't be good. I almost killed one of his guards, so obviously he won't go easy on me. He already hates me as it is, so that'll only add to it.

His blue almost clear eyes stood out under us dark hair. Although I didn't have time to memorize his features, I knew his face was handsome and masculine. His long face was sharp and skinny. All angles of his face looked like the could easily cut through me. His cheeks were hollow which added to his masculine and skinny face, his cheekbones were higher up. And on either side of his strong nose was those eyes peeking through. Peeking through his hair like a beast hunting his prey, lurking in the brush. Scars peeking through his neckline hem and continued upwards until his eyebrows, all varied in length and depth. And yet being from this side of the realm he has color to his skin. He was unforgivably handsome.

When he entered the cell I couldn't help but lunge at him. Fear taking completely control over my actions.

My entire body froze when I felt his hand wrap my forearm and force me into his lap. Yet, an involuntary yelp leaves my mouth at the feeling of his touch. His arms were like snakes, squeezing the life out of me with a tight grip. My body flush against his and a hand comes up and pushes my head into his neck. His masculine scent floods my senses and my wolf backs down and retreats to the back of my mind. She knew exactly who he is to us and stopped fighting. I hated when my body instinctively relaxed in his hold and I stopped fighting him. Giving into this mysterious and dangerous male.

"Mine," he growls. The dominance and protectiveness hung heavy in the air and was insufferable. It was hard to breath and I could practically taste it. It was suffocating me. "What are you idiots doing? Get me the fucking key to remove this collar!"

The guards scramble and one enters the cell with a shaky hand grasping the key ring. It's like a breath of fresh air when the collar thuds to the ground. My senses return and my neck starts to heal slowly. My wolf finally is unrestricted as well. For a moment I allow myself to relax against him.

When an Alpha Male finds his mate he is at his most hostile. They are very unpredictable once she is found and could lash out at the other males in the room. Although they are not a threat, the Alpha Male may mistake them for one. Many stand down and allow their Alpha to do what he needs with no interference. His urge to claim his female is strong but many fight the urge and wait. Unless it is too strong to fight and the mark them on the spot. They become blinded by a strong urge of protectiveness and possessiveness and act on instinct and impulse. I hope that isn't my situation as my neck is already burned from the silver collar.

Of course I know this as I have been through this before. The sparks are all too familiar. I missed how they erupted when we touched. Yet, this isn't who I wished it was with. That relationship ended long ago. A horrible ending to a relationship really. I hope I get to witness his karma when it hits him. Same goes for his new mate.

Readjusting his hold on me, he wraps a cloak around me and walks out of the cells. Everyone presses themselves as close to the wall as possible, not wanting to get in his way. Probably hoping they'd dissolve into the wall. He'd kill them if they did get in the way.

"Get the pack doctor, immediately," he growls out the order before we leave the prison. The sound making my whole body vibrate.

The walk to the Alpha Fortress was short but felt like forever. It was cold and the snow was crunching with his footsteps. As much as I hated the man I buried my face in his chest to stop myself from getting wind burn. The doors open and the maids and butlers are there when we enter. They bow as he heads for the staircase that sits in the middle of the foyer.

He enters his bedroom which is a contrast between light and dark grays and black. He sets me down on his heavenly soft black sheets before he begins pacing before the lengthy fireplace. I am assuming he was impatiently waiting for the pack doctor to arrive.

He stops pacing when the door rattles with a knock. "Enter," he booms.

"Alpha, I heard you summoned me," the doctor states in a nervous tone as he enters.

He nods. "I have. I would like you to preform a check up on the Princess," he orders and gestures to me on the bed.

"The Princess?"

He nods. "Yes. My mate. Please examine her wounds and prescribe a medication or heal them," he barks out the order in an Alpha tone.

He nods and rushes over to me, scared. He lowers himself into a bow before asking, "your highness, do I have permission to perform a check up and any other further examination and or tests if need be?"

I nod. "Yes, you have my permission."

The doctor lays out his medical bag out on the bed and puts on gloves. The cold latex comes in contact with the burn on my neck making me jump. A small growl comes from the Death Alpha seeing the pain a small touch caused.

He grabs a small tube and puts some of his fingers. "Now, your highness, I am going to apply this to the burn. It is going to be cold. It should help it heal. I'll leave a tube here with the Alpha so you can apply it twice daily until the burn goes away. I suggest applying it in the morning and before you go to bed at night."

The cream was soothing and sent a cold shock throughout my body. Which was actually quite nice and made my burn stop burning. It cooled it down. It was a relieving feeling.

"Thank you," I sigh in contentment.

"It is my job, Princess." Before he leaves the room he hands the Alpha a tube of the cream before bowing. "I take me leave," he states and leaves.

He follows the doctor out and sees the doctor to the front door. I sit patiently waiting for the Alpha to return and when he does, he isn't at ease. His eyes are black and he stands before me in an intimidating manner.

"Fuck, I want to mark you," he growls out and his index finger goes under my chin, nudging it up. His thumb caresses my lips making me shiver. His head goes into my neck, but he doesn't mark me. It rests there with his warm breath fanning the burn. "But I will hold back as you are injured."

I left out a breath of relief.

"But when the time come, I will not hold back."

He stated it as a threat, a promise.