Break the World

Pain is what you make it.

---------------------------------------------

I don't know how much longer i can stand this.

Each minute dragged on like hours, feeling as if she'd been here for eternity.

Xyla had proceeded to torture Xena, not only massive doses of fire, electricity and ice, but also with her keyblade, steadily breaking small bones, healing them, and then re-breaking them over and over. She'd start off with something slow, and then gradually add more elements and snap more fingers, a wrist, or a rib, causing Xena to scream in pain until she'd lose her voice or almost pass out, only to be healed and allowed a few seconds of relief, just enough to instill hope and give her a second to catch her breath before starting over, repeating the cycle.

Xena could barely see at this point, and it was impossible to breathe. The pain would cease just long enough for her to begin to calm down and appreciate not feeling anything, only for it to be ripped from her grasp again in a flurry of pain and mania.

She couldn't even think straight at this point, pain became all she knew and all she could focus on. She'd learned early on not to look at what Xyla was doing; the last time she did, she nearly barfed from seeing her own burnt and torn flesh- and the blood.. Some much blood...

She never knew she could bleed so much without dying or passing out.

"Your definition of power is pure weakness,"

Oh here we go...

Xyla proceeded to taunt and be-rate Xena every so often, talking her down notch by notch.

"The weak are squashed like bugs in this world, and in order to survive you have to have power. It doesn't matter how you obtain it, whether it's by hard work, or tearing down others." She grinned evilly at that, sticking a small knife deep into the flesh near Xena's left hip.

"That's the difference between you and I, Xena. You let morals and your sense of right and wrong to rule your life, while i take what i want regardless of what happens to others. Instead of being weak and showing me mercy, you should have killed me when you had the chance. Once again, you let your light get the best of you, and you failed." Xyla mocked as she dig her fist into Xena's stomach, sending a jolt of electricity through her entire core, causing her heart to skip a beat, and knock the breath out of her lungs.

As Xyla stepped back, Xena coughed violently, spitting up a mouth-full of blood onto the floor. A little trailed out the corner of her mouth once she'd relaxed her back against the chair again, wishing her body would just give in and knock her unconscious.

"You're weak. No one will miss you." She pursed her lips as she took in her handy work. She took so much pride in harming others, whether it was physically, emotionally or mentally- and in Xena's case, it was all three.

"You're the scum of the world." Xena croaked out, her voice hoarse and raspy from hours of consistent abuse. Her mouth hung up in an exhausted smirk. She vowed to herself, if she ever had the chance to tear Xyla limb from limb again, she wouldn't hesitate to take it.

"You little-" Xyla growled in response, drawing a fist back, but before she could deliver another blow, the door to the room burst open, and Vanitas flew in through it.

Xyla staggered back in shock, and quickly made her way over to Vanitas to help him up.

Xena glanced up as she heard the loud noise, her eyes struggling to focus since the door was a good ways away from her.

All she needed to see was the head full of spiky yet sleek blonde hair and a shiny black keyblade followed by a being with a head full of bigger, spiked brunette hair grasping another metal keyblade.

Saying a quick thank-you to the gods, she allowed her head to drop, facing down to her bloodied feet as the sounds of the elements raging and metal clashing slowly faded to silence as her eyes came to a close.