Rivalry

"She what?!"
I growled, my fists clenching by my sides. It was a Thursday afternoon at Valor Highschool, during lunch.
At seventeen, my life was flooded by school work, friends and a few casual hobbies, but majority of my younger years were pretty bland; until lately, at least.

"Look, i don't know much myself; that's all she told me." Hayes, a close friend of mine, spoke lowly, his eyes scanning the students around us, looking for potential eaves-droppers.
Sighing deeply, i dropped my gaze to my hands, which were now resting in my lap.

"So i guess that explains why Max's been so keen on avoiding me lately..." Meeting Hayes' eyes, i smiled sadly.

"What are you gonna do now?"

Hayes, Andrew, and Max have been my closest friends for as long as i could remember. Even though i was an "attractive" female, i preferred being around them over any other male or female, unlike your usual stereotypical, popular teenage girl.
They were the type of boys who caught the eye of every other sane females' attention, but i was one of the only one's they ever actually trusted.
Somehow, Max allowed one other one to get into his head, and turn him against me.
Taylor was her name. She was a snotty, blonde-headed, plain-Jane kind of girl. Stupidly, she decided it was a good idea to spread rumors about me to one of MY best friends, expecting me to sit by and allow it.
ME. A tough, rebellious little fighter who never stepped down from a challenge.

Smiling slyly, i slowly began cracking my knuckles as i stood to my feet.
As Hayes made his way over to me, he chuckled evilly.

"That's the fierce little Xena i know."