Elizabeth's POV:

A/n: Hey everyone sorry I haven't updated I've had some personal stuff going on but everything's calming down now so hopefully I can update regularly now~

Warning!!! Mentions of kidnapping and brief disturbing content are in this chapter, please read responsibly.

Do you know that moment when you wake up for school and you wish you could stay in bed and not go?  That's how I'm feeling right now, except I'm not going to school, I'm going to a place far less dangerous.

Let me recap so you have the full story...

*2 hours earlier*

Fernando did a search on Mr. Fraser after I killed him and the results showed that he was the leader of the Dutch mafia, his mission was to kidnap me in order to gain Jürgen's trust and become allies with his mafia.

Lars Fraser was under the impression that Jürgen Becker would hand me over to him once I was captured, which was a lie considering Jürgen wanted me dead not just caught.

"What happens now?" My voice was shaky and small as I sat at the conference table before everyone I knew.

Alfonso was behind me waiting for something dangerous to happen, he's been on edge this whole day and I'm partly to blame for that.

My gaze remained focused on the table instead of the people around me.

The air felt thick and uncomfortable, my brothers and cousins were very quiet, causing me to lift my head to see all of them avoiding eye contact with their jaws clenched.

Confusion flooded my body when I turned around to find Alfonso the same way, except he didn't bother avoiding eye contact which didn't exactly make me feel better.

My confusion quickly turned into irritation at realizing they were hiding something from me.

"What's wrong?" I groaned, slumping in my chair and closing my eyes briefly. A headache permanently clouded my head.

The room remained silent and I was able to catch Dante's eyes, my expression must've scared him because his eyes widened and his stance became frigid.

"Do you remember when you asked us about how our mafia picked its leaders?" Dante asked, staring at his hands in an attempt to avoid eye contact.

My eyebrows furrowed at the question, confused at where this conversation was going.

"Yeah, you said it was based on our age."

He nodded his head, hesitantly sliding the file on Mr. Fraser over to me.

"Page 23." He muttered, arms crossing over his chest. The rest of my brothers and cousins still refused to look at me.

I flipped to page 23 and became even more confused.

Lars Fraser defeated mafia boss Vlad Ipton, becoming the next leader of the Dutch Mafia based on the code.

I'm not sure what Dante was hoping I'd find out from this article and what it had to do with us.

I looked at Dante in question but he avoided eye contact and they all remained quiet and still.