Elizabeth's POV:

TW: Abuse, domestic abuse, mentions of drugs and blood

We landed in California early and now we're on our way to the hotel, the boys annoyed Enzo so bad that eventually, we had to take a detour to get fast food because apparently, they were "starving."

Poor Gerald had to deal with our constant family bickering the whole ride to the hotel, but he said he was used to it so I don't feel as bad.

We got to the hotel and I have to share a room with Jeremy, Dante, and Jordan because Enzo claimed they would "protect me," which I don't understand at all. Why would I need to be protected in a hotel?

Enzo gave me little time to get dressed, so before I even relaxed, I had to rush to get ready. I wore a long-sleeved white shirt with black stripes and black semi-formal black pants that tied in the front. It was a cute outfit but I'd rather be in my pajamas.

Each of my brothers wore black suits, I'm not sure why

Each of my brothers wore black suits, I'm not sure why. I think they're in mafia mode, they had matching shades on too and it was funny to see how fast their expressions changed as soon as we stepped foot outside of the hotel. It's like they couldn't afford to show any emotion and as long as it kept the attention off of me, I didn't have time to be scared.

I was sandwiched between Dustin and Marcel in the black expensive car.

My leg was bouncing up and down at a very fast pace and my stomach was tied into knots as I picked at the skin around my fingers, my once olive skin now completely red and raw. I didn't notice my hands were bleeding until Dustin's large hands pulled my nails from further destroying my skin, he held my hands in his and examined my bleeding hands with his eyebrows furrowed and a pout planted on his face.

" You have to stop doing that. It's going to get infected." He said, looking at me again. Thankfully my legs stopped bouncing and I was able to relax somewhat.

" Sorry," I muttered, putting my head down in shame. I could hear him let out a sigh as he gently let go of my hands. After a while of driving, we finally made our way into the courthouse where the meeting was held.

My brothers made sure I was in the middle of them at all times, they were in front of me, behind me, to my right, and my left. I doubt anyone could see me, due to their prominent figures covering me.

The courthouse was clean and very big, it was a 3-story brown and white place with shiny granite floors. There were staff and customers all cowering out of our way and I mentally rolled my eyes, Enzo led me to these large brown doors with his head held high and his expression emotionless.

He pulled open the doors and invited himself in, I could hardly see the room because they were still in front of me, blocking my view. I could hear shuffling around as Enzo suddenly stopped walking, I would've run into him if it weren't for Jackson slightly pulling me back.

" Hello, Mr. Russo. How are you?" A feminine voice asked, you could tell she was terrified but was desperately trying to keep it professional.

"I'm doing very well, how are you, Ms. Garcia?" He replied roughly, like being polite killed him inside. His body was frozen in front of me and it was starting to make me uncomfortable.