Alfonso's POV:

I hate this.

I hate babysitting for a family I was trained to despise.

My father trained me to hate every alley that we had because he believed they could never be trusted and it was better to believe nobody was on your side. 

He said it prepared you for any possible attack, except that the Russo family never attacked us, my father came after them first.

 The only reason my father is dead is because his arrogance and pride got in the way, he was convinced that just because his precious cartel was the strongest one in Mexico that it meant he was safe from all threats, but his stupidity killed him and now I have to carry his name everywhere I go.

That man left me with the worst thing a father can ever leave his son... a corrupted name and I have spent the past two years trying to be a better man than he was.

I've spent two years trying to forget everything that man taught me and now I'm forced to remember it all due to some family who refuses to surrender their princess to a threat.

I shouldn't respect them so much, and I shouldn't envy their desire to keep their family together but I do because I've never had that growing up. 

My father trained me to be a machine, someone that can take over his most significant accomplishment and keep it running, luckily he destroyed his dreams on his own and I wasn't forced to do it.

Family and Love were words I didn't have the privilege of knowing or experiencing, my father made sure of that, so as I sit in a living room surrounded by a vast unknowing, I can't help but be a little wary that what looks good and comforting won't turn into the complete opposite.

My job is to protect Elizabeth from any danger, family included, and I plan on doing just that because I owe Enzo my life and I don't like owing anyone anything.

Elizabeth was asleep and I could feel her cousins and Enzo staring at me every once in a while, I tried to ignore it and just focus on doing my job, but my temper was one of the things I can't get over no matter how hard I've tried. 

"Why the hell do you people keep looking at me?" I spat, glaring at the Russo family (the ones that were awake.) I couldn't tell what they felt because they hid it well, but I could only assume that shock was one of their emotions. 

"You people?"

"Yes, you people. Are you incapable of comprehending what comes out of my mouth?" I was trying to be as quiet as I could so that Elizabeth doesn't wake up because she looked like she needed all the sleep she could get and I'm not sure why I cared, but I did.

I was hoping that my being quiet would convince the rest to be quiet as well but that wasn't happening.

"Who does this little sh** think he is?" One of the cousins asked in disbelief, this did nothing to calm me down.

"Don't talk about me as if  I'm not right in front of you." I spat.

"Okay, little sh**, who do you think you are talking to me the way that you do?" I was up now, standing face to face with who I think is named Salvatore, he was glaring at me and I had no problem returning the gesture.

Nobody dared to interfere which surprised me because they seem like the annoying type.

"Someone who isn't scared of you."

Salvatore took one step closer to me, to try to intimidate me but when I didn't move, he stopped walking.

"You have no idea what I'll do to you." He sneered, the cockiness that he had only angered me more.