Enzo's POV:

I know my little sister more than anyone, so I know she'll be in my office complaining about my hiring a bodyguard to protect her. The only reason she didn't do it when the subject was first introduced was because she seemed to not have much energy, she's been sleeping for 11 hours so I suspect she has plenty of energy now.

My cousins arrive today, they'll be helping me and my brothers with this mafia thing. My eldest cousin runs the Italian mafia in Italy, we have members all over the country, I'm the primary leader and the rest work for me although I respect my cousins way too much to label them my employees. 

I pride my mafia on handling many significant threats but this one is by far the biggest we've ever been against. The Germanien-Russian mafia is the second largest mafia in the world (we're the first) a mafia as cruel as them are only after power instead of profit, now don't get me wrong when my mafia was at the same rank as theirs I was after power as well, but now that we're the largest mafia in the world, our energy has gone to keeping our power and gaining more profit.

There's nothing wrong with being after power in the mafia business, it's how our empires remain stable but power tends to make mafia leaders sloppy, mafia's after power are almost always led by blinded men who crave recognition and wealth, two factors that become dangerous when combined. I'm up against a leader blinded by rage and greed, making him unpredictable and stupid. I need all the help I can get.

Liz barged into my office with Alfonso Sanchez right behind him, the poor kid looked like he had to sit through a week-long opera.

My sister is no doubt the culprit behind his annoyance. 

Elizabeth was angry as she stood in front of me.

"Sanchez, please excuse us." Alfonso nearly ran out of the room at my demand.

This'll be fun.

"Elizabeth, have a seat," I said, gesturing to the seat in front of me. I probably shouldn't have demanded anything of her because she just seemed pissed now.

"Haven't you taken away my freedom enough? Now you want to demand whether or not I sit."

"I never meant to take away your freedom."

"No, you just thought hiring someone to follow me around and putting cameras and motion detectors in my room gave me more freedom." Her sarcasm was heavy, as was her glare.

"We're trying to protect you."

"How is this protecting me? I don't feel protected Enzo, I feel violated." 

"What else were we supposed to do Elizabeth?"

"You were supposed to talk to me first instead of making decisions without me, especially when those decisions involve my life."

"Yes, exactly. A life you wouldn't have if we hadn't made those decisions." I shouted.

"How is any of this allowing me to live? Everything I do is being monitored, I can't even have privacy in my own room and you're sitting here telling me that this'll improve my life when it hasn't and won't."

Liz was silent as she sat down, I didn't like arguing with her but to be completely honest, I'm scared.

I'm scared of losing my little sister again, I'm scared of disappointing my brothers, and I'm scared of disappointing my dad even though he's dead.

"We had no choice, we really are trying to protect you, Liz."

"I know, but maybe protecting me was the wrong choice." 

My little sister was staring at a knot of wood in my desk.

"What do you mean?" The way she sounded suggested that she was giving up and it broke me.