All Eyes On Me

"Living creatures are strange. They are made in such a way that they can actualize only what their minuscule minds wish for." - Sōsuke Aizen

The Vytal Festival was here.

Weiss had been waiting months for this, bidding her time as the dawn grew ever closer. The tournament would be the perfect opportunity to show her true power, to show them just how out of reach she was. She would make all kneel to her, every last one of them. It had taken entirely too long...

But now it was here.

"Weissy, are you ready for our first match?!" Weiss heard her girlfriend chirp excitedly as she ran towards her in the changing room, a golden smile on her face as Weiss flashed her own practiced grin. The ivory haired immortal stood on her tippy toes and kissed Ruby on the cheek, leaving the younger girl blushing as she responded.

"Of course I am ready, my darling rose petal. It is I who should be asking that question." Weiss took a moment to analyze her partner, noting in satisfaction the blue pendant hanging from her neck. Their bond had been growing ever stronger by the day, and Weiss truly had Ruby bound like a dog. It had been two weeks since their mission together, and Ruby had hardly left her side since. They would do everything together; study, play games, and even sleep.. Weiss relished in the phantom feeling of snuggling her head against Ruby's soft chest, wrapping her arms around the younger girl and making herself comfortable.

Ruby was hers.

"Yep! I'm ready, because with you by my side I know I can do anything!" Ruby said with a chipper inflection, eliciting another peck from her girlfriend who gave her loving eyes. Weiss heard Yang mock Ruby from behind them, mimicking her voice in quiet, high-pitched tone. It annoyed the heiress, but it also delighted her.

Ever since they had gotten back from their mission, tensions had been rising between the two sisters. When they had set foot back in the dorm room, Ruby had immediately gave Yang and Black a starry eyed explanation of all the fun they had, going into detail about Weiss' "super cool black tower magic". But somewhere in the middle of the silver eyed warrior's spiel, Yang had reached her limit and snapped. She had screamed at Ruby with pent up rage and aggression, demeaning her feelings and relationship with her partner. Weiss had been ready to break another nose when Ruby had actually screamed back, defending the heiress' honor with valiant effort. Weiss could still feel her heart soar and jump in her chest from the experience, the Hōgyoku cooing and thumping along with it.

"That's right, my love... as long as we are together, no one can stop us. I, the honored one, will capture the eyes of these fools, right along with my beloved flower." Ruby was left sputtering and blushing like mad, a feeling only amplified when Weiss caressed the younger girl's face and leaned in to give her a deep kiss.

"Will you two shut it already! This isn't the time for your love." Yang growled, turning around to face them with burning red eyes. Ruby quickly glared at her sister, opening her mouth to rebuke when Weiss just put a delicate finger on the red reaper's lips.

"You put down what you yearn for yet do not understand, how sad... but very well, I and my partner will stop expressing our emotions all for little miss strong and mighty." Weiss mocked, making her lips wobble and making a bawling motion with her fists on her eyes. Yang clenched her fists, gauntlets clacking together as her rage built up. But before she could act on said rage, the alarm above them suddenly beeped loudly.

"Come on, guys. It's time to go." Blake shut down Weiss and Yang's fight, trying to ease the tension as she went to open the door. The alabaster haired immortal and the blonde brawler gave each other side eyes, but nevertheless complied and followed Blake through the door, along with Ruby who locked arms with her girlfriend as they went down the hallway.