The Meaning Of Power

"Did you think that a display of force would be enough to overwhelm me? How foolish. In fact, I would say that the very concept of power itself is different for me than it is for you. Allow me to demonstrate. This is the meaning of true power." - Sōsuke Aizen

The sun was just rising when Weiss stirred, lulled from her dreams by the comforting embrace of the Hōgyoku. It whispered loving thoughts into her ears, soft and sweet like marshmallows or honey. She still couldn't understand the words, but the feeling they gave her was indescribable.

She yawned as she got up from her sleeping back, immediately checking around the room. It seemed that only a few others had awakened yet, meaning that she had time to prepare for initiation. Not that it would be any trouble, of course. The Hōgyoku meant that failure was impossible.

She felt it hum happily in her chest, causing her to sneakily reach beneath her jacket and shirt to place a hand upon the orb. It heated up in response, emitting love and power upon the tips of her fingers. She almost moaned in response, the intoxicating, reality bending power giving her a sense of euphoria.

Such a power was hers. All hers. No one else's.

Weiss got up gingerly, walking through the auditorium. She eyed the many students laying on the ground below her, a sight that made a small smirk form on her face.

'They lay where they belong, beneath me.'

Weiss approached the cafeteria in interest, icy orbs peeled for any interesting students. She had no need for food, the Hōgyoku allowing her to satiate herself indefinitely, but she still liked the taste every now and again. Her brief search for potential interests came up short as she finished her walk through the hall, for none of the students had caught her eye the way Ruby had, something that made her frown. As she entered the room, she let her eyes survey the room until they happened upon a tall, red headed girl with a ponytail, skin tan and eyes a deep jade. They locked eyes in an instant, the amazonian girl giving her a smile and a wave. But Weiss' interest was peak not because of her politeness or appearance, but her aura.

The Hōgyoku had given her the ability to sense the souls of others, mostly to gauge how much aura they had. And this girl before her had the most she had seen so far. Weiss narrowed her eyes, analyzing the girl as she approached.

"Good morning, my name's Pyrrha!" The girl said with a smile, offering her hand towards Weiss. The immortal searched her memories for a moment, before realizing just who she was speaking to as a grin snuck its way up onto her pale lips.

'So this is the famous "Invincible Girl" she indeed was quite impressive in those tournaments, but I will prove that my own power cannot be reached by the likes of these mere mortals.' But still, Weiss held a small amount of respect for the warrior, for unlike the others, she seemed to actually somewhat know what she was doing. Because of these things, Weiss took the hand, giving the girl a firm handshake as she met her eyes, cold and calculating blue against warm and friendly green.

"Good morning to you as well, my name is Weiss. I believe I have heard of you before..." Weiss threw it out there, expecting a positive reaction, but was pleasantly surprised when the girl's smile dimmed and her eyes lost a bit of their warmth.

"Oh...I see." Pyrrha said quietly, and Weiss inwardly smirked. It seemed that this human at least knew her place, and didn't place herself on a pedestal because of her power. Weiss gave the girl a smirk, getting up on her tippy toes in an attempt to lock eyes with her.

"But I want you to know that your strength will be inconsequential here. Today I will prove that it is me who bears the title of the strongest." Pyrrha's mouth fell open in shock at the shorter girl's proclamation, but it was backed up by the feeling rolling off her in waves. Pyrrha could feel her power, thick and asphyxiating as the ivory haired girl stared her down.