Mask For A Sister

"Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding." - Sōsuke Aizen

Deep in the night, Weiss lay in bed, eyes still as she stared at the ceiling. After the battle, the others had avoided her like the plague. Perhaps it was hatred, perhaps it was fear. It didn't matter to Weiss, she didn't concern herself with the opinions of lesser beings.

She absentmindedly stroked the Hōgyoku from beneath her night clothes, the only comfort she had in this forsaken school. These people were really beginning to piss her off... Aizen may have hid among the Gotei Thirteen for centuries, but she doubted she could last even a single school year with these clowns. She was far above them, both mentally and physically. She examined her nails with deep blue eyes, noting how they were significantly sharper and more pointed than they were a few weeks ago. It seemed that the grimm component of the Hōgyoku was beginning to change her body. She slipped a finger into her mouth, poking around at her pearly whites until she found sharpened fang-like canines. She frowned, wiping the saliva soaked finger on her bed.

She was beginning to evolve.

But still, the idea of her body morphing into that of one of those soulless monsters made her cringe in disgust. Hopefully, she remained at least mostly humanoid throughout the process. The thought of such a beautiful and pristine being such as herself becoming an unholy abomination made her shiver in disgust.

How foolish.

She then began to think about what would happen tomorrow, remembering that Winter would be arriving early in the morning. They had spoken a few hours ago, her loving older sister promising to be their bright and early. She let a cruel smirk form on her face, her icy blue eyes burning with cruel, manipulative might. She idly wondered how her teammates would react, and how she would handle her two differing personalities. After a few seconds, she smirked.

This would be fun.

With that in mind, Weiss fell into a dreamless sleep, the Hōgyoku lulling her into a world of darkness.

The next day, Weiss woke up bright and early, getting to the bathroom before anyone else and doing her daily routine. She slipped fake nails on to cover her mutations, bright blue accessories that brought out her eyes. Her fingers lingered on her tiara, before eventually discarding it into her bag. She hadn't worn her hair down in a while, and it made her look even more fragile than before. It also was secretly her preferred style, the free feeling of her hair pouring down from her head uninhibited by the constraints of any accessories.

She walked out eventually, her teammates already up by the time she had done so. Blake and Yang gave her the cold shoulder, meanwhile Ruby glanced down at her from her bed. The crimsonette's eyes widened as she saw Weiss, a furious blush forming on her face before she disappeared behind her bed frame. The immortal heiress ignored her partner, instead walking out of the door without a word.

Weiss felt a vibration in her pocket, so she took out her scroll to read the message. She grinned at what it said, before putting it away and taking a deep breath.

Mask on.

The young girl made her way to the courtyard, immediately spotting the bullhead which was heading towards the school. She kept walking, reaching the landing area where she waited quietly. The Hōgyoku buzzed in her chest, a cold icy feeling hidden by warmth that crept up her soul.

She watched as the airship landed, a thick silence taking over the area. Weiss stared impatiently at the boarding ramp as it lowered, several men pouring out of it, each with different intentions. Many were here for visits, others for maintenance, others to bring supplies to the school. But one person was there for different reasons.