Alpha - Inner Warmth - Chapter 39

Start from the beginning

__________________________

Sora's POV

"Does it hurt?" I worriedly asked while dabbing the swollen wound on Yangcha's split lips with the thick cream. He nodded, slightly scrunching his eyebrows, and closed his eyes as we sat in the living room. Do-hwan didn't return after he argued with me. I didn't know where he went, so I changed out of my white gown and helped Yangcha to the couch.

"Should I disappear for a while?" Yangcha asked hoarsely

"Should I disappear for a while?" Yangcha asked hoarsely. I hovered my fingertip over his lips and lifted my weary gaze to study his beaten face.

"Why did you attend the ball?" I sighed, lowering my hand to stare at his conflicted expression.

"I just wanted to... admire you from afar because of the pretty gown," He muttered. I sighed and placed the cream away. Yangcha attended Taehyung's birthday party because he wanted to see me in the gown? He could've saved himself from the trouble and bruises.

"You should have defended yourself. Why did you let Taehyung beat you?" I asked, sorely examining the dark bruise under his eyes. He might be physically fitter than most of the alphas, but he has to understand that he's outnumbered by the pack. They will rip him apart.

"I promised not to hurt anyone," Yangcha muttered

"I promised not to hurt anyone," Yangcha muttered. I perched restlessly with my eyes on his swollen lips. I asked Yangcha not to hurt anyone, but I didn't expect him to be this defenseless.

"The council will call for you," I sighed in defeat. Yangcha gripped his hands and lowered his head.

"If I'm such a burden... then should I just kill myself and die so you won't have to-" Yangcha tried to speak but halted mid-sentence once I lifted my dark frown to question his dumb statement. Is he out of his mind? How could he possibly consider ending his own life over a trivial matter? His appearance isn't a minor issue, but I'm sure we'll figure a way out of this.

"I told you I'll protect you. No one is dying," I shook my head. Yangcha lowered his face in guilt, so I exhaled and pulled him into a comforting hug- BEEP. Our moments of peace were suddenly disrupted as the door flung open and angry footsteps trampled into the penthouse. I could already sense the uninvited guests before I even turned in the direction.