Part XXIII

not edited

-

Jade

"Quite a storm this is." Owen said as he sat down on the open stool next to me. I was on my phone, sometimes watching Alycia make dinner.

"I agree. How long has this storm been going on now?" Damon spoke from a distance as I felt his eyes on me.

"A few hours." Stefan replied.

Owen chuckled beside me.

"Alright boys." Alycia said, her tone thick with sarcasm.

I ignored the brothers, putting my phone down. I ignored their full attention on me, thankful that Alycia was here so I wasn't the only girl. But Stefan wasn't that bad. Owen, I had no idea.

"Alycia, I want to go back home."

The moment I spoke those words, I felt the tension in the room rising, the amused grin on the boys faces disappearing.

Alycia stopped what she was doing, which was chopping onions, as she turned to face me, her mouth slightly agape in surprise.

"Okay." She said, her tone unsure.

"What?"

"It's just-" she paused, her eyes meeting Owen's.

"Klaus still has to train you. That's why you came here, right?"

I felt someone stand up a distance behind me, his footsteps getting closer as he sat himself down next to me. I turned my head to the right, seeing Stefan smiling warmly at me.

I turned my attention back to Alycia.

"Well, I have my powers now. I'm good. I just want to go home."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Owen spoke this time.

"And why not?" I said, clearly annoyed, turning my head to face him.

"Yes, you have your powers. And at the same time they are beautiful and powerful, they are also dangerous."

"Isn't that what you all wanted? To defeat Jade Margaret?"

"Jade, honey, she's gone. Disappeared. Klaus saw it himself. Which buys us time to help you." Alycia spoke.

"Help me what? Control my powers?" I snapped.

"Yes, please. You also need to control that temper of yours." Damon said from behind me.

I took in a huge breath, my patience starting to wear thin. Thunder boomed right above the cabin.

"Like for example, this storm right now is a result of your emotions; particularly anger." Owen explained.

"So I need you to let go of this anger your feeling towards this person who is making you angry." He continued.

"Klaus." Damon coughed out his name.

I was tense again, gripping the edge of the island hard.

"Damon." Stefan warned.

"No, seriously. What did your boyfriend do this time?" Damon's voice was now closer.

Thunder roared above us. If it was possible, it felt like I was breathing out fire.

I watched Owen look up, before placing his hand on my shoulder, not daring to break eye contact.

"Damon, please leave the room."