Chapter Eight

"Yo, Briggsaaay!" We hear a shout and both turn to look at the house to see Johnny sauntering towards us with his arms in the air. Jakes follows close behind carrying an ice-box, Charlie comes bearing blankets and Mike walks down the beach with his arms full of goodies. I guess I'm about to experience one of these famous campfire nights for myself. I quickly wipe my face with my sleeve, as does Paul, so that the rest of the guys won't suspect anything. There's still so much that I wanted to talk to Paul about – there's still some questions unanswered. Like why Paige isn't here, and what went on between her and Mike, if there even was anything going on between them, and about Johnny and Lucia, and why he had such hurt in his eyes when he talked about her. I make a mental note to ask later when everyone else isn't around. But, in this moment, I'm too filled with joy at the prospect of being an Aunt to worry about asking Paul anything else just now. I try to compose myself, but as the group reaches us, I take one look at Charlie and start crying happy tears again.

            "Sarah, are you okay?" Mike rushes over to me, dropping the snacks on the floor.

            "He just dropped the food", Jakes says unimpressed and in a deadpan tone.

            "Five second rule!" Johnny yells, falling to the ground to scoop them into his arms.

            "Good job the food is wrapped then, isn't it Johnny?" Charlie smirks. I'm still crying, looking like an emotional mess with tears streaming down my face.

            "I'm fine", I smile as I sob.

            "Are you sure?" Mike asks putting his arm around me.

            "She's just found out she's going to be an Aunt", Paul explains. I accidentally let out some strange crying howl.

            "Oh, sweetie...come here", Charlie rushes towards me smiling and laughing, arms open as she pulls me into a hug, and I cry on her shoulder.

            "I'm so happy for you", I sniffle. "I can't believe you're having a baby!"

            "Me neither", she says as she squeezes me. I stand up straight, staying in her hug and with my arms around her, but looking her straight in the eye. "Anything you need, I'm here for you. Anything at all. I'll support you all the way", I say, gripping her hands.

            "Thank you, honey. I appreciate it", she answers, gratefully rubbing my back. We break our hug and take our seats on the sand and the blankets.

            "Are you okay now?" Mike asks me quietly as he sits beside me. He puts an arm around me and lets me lean my back against his chest.

            "I'm great..." I sigh, smiling up at him, and for the first time, I really am truly and utterly happy to be in Graceland.

The campfire is now lit and we sit around, sipping cold drinks and nibbling at snacks as we relax, talk, and enjoy each other's company. Mike and I are quietly talking between ourselves while the others have their own conversations, until Jakes pipes up.

            "You too look very cosy!" He raises an eyebrow, a giant smirk on his face.

            "Huh?" Mike and I both say in unison.

            "Is there something you'd like to share with the group?" Jakes jokes.

            "Hands off my sister, Warren..." Paul says as he takes a sip of his drink.