𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕: 𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐎!

We had run across New York and had made it to just a few rooftops away from Eastman High.

I found myself growing nervous, yet also excited to see Rylie again.

As we skid to a stop at the edge of a building, I look over the ledge and see...

Rylie.

Okay- Okay-

BE COOL, LEO. BE COOL.

Show off... Right? That's a good idea?

I take a Deep breath, and then I climb down the fire escape like Tarzan, using one hand to hang from it before holding onto the ladder, sliding all the way to the ground.

I land a flip, striking a pose as I land.

Waiting a second for dramatic effect, I then look up at Rylie, eager to see her hopefully impressed expression...

It looks like I did well...?

She's shooting me a huge grin, and I quickly say, "Hey!"

"Hey," Rylie responds, April doing the same.

"That was pretty cool," Rylie compliments, and I nervously adjust the strap across my plastron, "Wait, really?"

A faint blush spreads across my cheeks as Rylie nods, and I have to force myself from celebrating out loud.

'SHE WAS IMPRESSED! SHE WAS IMPRESSED! WHOO-HOO-'

"I don't know... That- That seems very dangerous," April comments as we start to walk toward the back door of the high school, interrupting my mental celebration.

I chuckle awkwardly, looking at Rylie as I try to boast, "Oh, that? HEH! Not... Not at all! I mean... We eat danger for breakfast!"

I awkwardly swing my arms, trying to focus on Rylie, but it's hard when April just gives me a look.

"Actually, I eat pizza with bits of waffle on it," Mikey shrugs, currently eating a regular slice of pizza from some that we grabbed on the way.

April and Rylie share the same unsure look, and Donnie backs Mikey up, "It's better than it sounds..."

"It actually sounds delicious if I'm being honest," April smiles, and Rylie walks backward up the steps as she asks, "What Else do you guys put on your pizza?"

Mikey opens his mouth to speak, and Donnie clamps a hand over his mouth before he can, "You don't want to know-"

"I like plain cheese," I shrug, and my brothers snicker.

"Nothing wrong with plain," Rylie grins, and I find myself letting out a dreamy sigh as we continue walking up the steps.

'She's literally perfect...'

"Okay... Well, uh-" April pauses at the door, "Come on in!"

Rylie tosses her the key to the door from her bag, and we all share surprised looks.

This seems... Too good to be true.

"Really?" Mikey is the first to question it, "We can just... Go in?"

April pauses from unlocking the door and smiles, "Yeah, of course!"

"Why wouldn't you be able to?" Rylie also offers us a smile, and my brothers and I all share a surprised look as April finally unlocks the door and pushes it open with a flourish.

She and Rylie step inside, and April announces, "Welcome, to Eastman High!"

"Home of broken water fountains, and the shittiest lighting system in all of New York," Rylie finishes, gesturing toward a water fountain that is, indeed, very broken.