𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏: 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡

"WHOO-HOO!" Mikey yells as we round the corner.

We had just finished a grocery run after coming back from Rylie and April's rooftop, and even though we'd been away from them for hours it felt like we had only just left.

The memory of the experiences of stopping a criminal gang and talking to humans who actually accept us was still fresh in our minds, and we were all still incredibly hyped about it.

I mean... Who wouldn't be hyped about Rylie?

A-and the criminal fight of course...

"My stick was actually useful! MY STICK!" Donnie exclaims, clearly very surprised about that.

Mikey makes wide gestures as he carries two grocery bags, "BUT DID YOU SEE WHEN I SLAMMED THAT GUYS HEAD?!"

Raph laughs, "It was nothing compared to me stopping that car!"

I shake my head, adjusting my grip on the grocery bags, "I think you guys are forgetting that we talked to ACTUAL humans... And they accept us!"

My brothers all nod their heads, and then Mikey grins and steps in front of us, "I want more guys! I got the taste of life and I don't want to wash it out of my mouth!"

I chuckle, about to say something when Mikey continues.

His eyes bulge slightly, "I want it to linger around on my tongue, swish around in my throat!"

We all cringe in disgust, and Donnie shakes his head at Mikey, "You're really driving this metaphor into the ground-"

We all nod in agreement, even Mikey as he falls back into line beside us. Raph then shrugs, "Yeah, but he's right. It's too good to give up on."

I duck under a sewer pipe, my brothers following suit as I turn around to look at them, "I mean, you guys heard Rylie... And the words that came out of her incredibly formed and beautiful mouth! The only reason she liked us, was because we saved her. She saw us as heroes."

My brother's smirk and I flush a bit as I stutter and add, "Well uh- They saw us as heroes?"

My brothers snicker, but I realize that Donnie is off in his own world, clearly thinking about something.

"Hey," He Starts, grabbing all of our attention, "What if everyone saw us as heroes?"

I share a Look with Mikey and Raph, and we all look back at Donnie, waiting for him to elaborate as Mikey asks, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, LOOK!" Donnie announces, and we all follow his gaze to look out of a sewer great and at a News Report on the billboard...

'A report about Superfly.'

"We use our ninja skills to take out Superfly!" Donnie explains his plan to us, and we all avert our eyes from the report to look at him, "We take them up to city hall, shove them up to the cops, and say, "We're the heroes who stopped Superfly! Yeah, we look a little different, but we're on your side!"

"And everyone will all be like," Donnie continues, before switching to a faux New York accent, "'Ey! Those toitles are alright, they look like they're from the Bronx!"

I suppress a snort at the voice, keeping myself in check as Donnie switches back to his normal voice, "And then everyone will think we're cool! They'll accept us!"

There's that word again... Accept. Acceptance. Accepting.

That's how I want people to treat us. I want them to accept us...