𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆: 𝐏𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐟 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

𝑴𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆...
RYLIE'S POV

"Are you sure you're ready for the announcements? I mean... The only thing we've done video-wise is that video of that escaped Giraffe at the Brooklyn Zoo, and we weren't even on camera," I mutter.

It's obvious that April is nervous.

She's practically sweating buckets as we walk toward the office to record the Morning Announcements.

"Me? Oh. YEAH. I was going to ask if YOU were ready?" April laughs awkwardly, and I give my sister a knowing smile and a pat on the back, "You're a terrible liar."

April tries to shrug it off for a few more seconds, and then she cracks and grips onto my arm tightly, "Rylie- I feel like I'm going to be sick-!"

I pat her back again, and then I quickly shove her off of my arm as I pry her fingers off of me, "Yeah... Right- Just uh- don't throw up on me, if that's possible. You need a bucket?"

April latches back onto my arm, her grip iron tight, "I'm sure I don't need a bucket... I won't throw up on you, sis..."

I smile at the last word, my heart warming a little bit as I wrap an arm around April's shoulder, "Alright, alright. Just take a few deep breaths then, YOU'VE GOT THIS."

"We've got this," April corrects me, still clearly nervous just by her tone.

"That's the spirit," I grin, playfully nudging her arm as we stand outside the door to the office, "Let's go then."

"Yeah... Yeah, let's go," April takes a deep breath, pushing open the doors and being greeted by the other three people working on the announcements.

"Yo, Rylie, You're new, right? Do you know how all this stuff works?" Alex, the guy directing the announcements gives me a friendly smile as he motions for another girl to get the camera ready.

"Uh- I think... I just read Off of that board over there, right?" I point at a girl in the corner holding up posters with big letters on them, and what appears to be a script that both April and I share.

"Yup. Just smile, speak clearly, and don't embarrass yourself in front of the ENTIRE high
school," He grins, clearly trying to hype me up but failing miserably as I laugh awkwardly, "Yeah..."

Jeez, no wonder April is nervous...

Speaking of the poor girl, I think she's started sweating more during the few seconds we've been in here.

I try to walk over to April to comfort her, but Alex directs me toward the chair I'm sitting in and I don't have time to talk.

Thankfully, April is moving to sit down beside me, and I try to shoot her an encouraging smile as she plops down into the chair and stares wide-eyed at the camera.

Alex gives us a thumbs up, signaling that it's time for April to start talking since her part of the script is first.

But it's dead silent.

'Oh, crap... CRAP, CRAP, CRAP...'

I give April a worried look, and she only responds with silence.

And then I see her clasp a hand over her mouth as her eyes widen.

Oh no- she's not gonna-

She puked. She puked everywhere.

The girl was like a green machine; the vomit machine.

She couldn't even control it as her head whipped back and it sprayed onto the desk, onto the floor-