𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙: 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥...

RYLIE'S POV

I honestly can't believe this is happening right now.

I mean... My sister and I are sitting on our apartment rooftop, serving pizza to talking turtles. Talking turtles who know ninjitsu!

It's insane. Crazy-

I don't even know where to begin when talking about them.

They seem to not know where to begin either, as they all talk over each other while trying to explain their backstory.

"So, long ago!"
"Our dad found us in the sewers-"
"A RAT- And this oOooOoze stuff..."
"We mutated!"
"YEAH, RAT-"
"And we turned into... Uh- older turtles."
"YUP, Cause there was-"

April and I share the same confused look on our faces, and I look at the notebook in her lap and at all the notes she has taken.

Not a lot.

They're talking too fast.

'And I thought turtles were supposed to be slow...'

I grab the notebook and scribble the word "Ooze" and "Mutated" down, and April gives me a nod before she looks at the still-blabbering turtles.

She waved her hands around, "Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!"

The turtles stop, sitting down in front of us while eating their pizza, and April stands up and approaches them while I grab the camera and start putting the film into it.

"Okay," April starts to summarize, "You were real baby turtles, who made contact with... Mystery ooze? And, therefore, started to age... From mutant baby turtle to... Mutant turtle men?"

She seems unsure and flashes me a look, and I just shrug as we both look at the turtles.

The one in orange, who introduced himself as Mikey, smiles at us, "Uh- Turtle boys actually-"

Leo, the blue one, interrupts him, "I-I'd say teens... Actually... You know-"

I smile at him as he flashes April and me an awkward smile, and I can see him quickly avert eye contact with me as April starts jotting some more notes in her notebook.

"Teenagers! Teenagers..." April seems ecstatic as she quickly scribbles, "Amazing, insane! Alright, well uh- Tell us more obviously! I want to know everything about you... Like, is there... Is there more of you?"

Donnie, the purple turtle, shakes his head and gestures to him and his brothers, "Nope, just us."

April nods, whispering in a dramatic tone as he hits down a quick note, "They are alone in the world..."

I snort, "A little dramatic, but yeah."

April flashes me a playful glare, and then she looks back to look at the turtles, "And like... Nobody has ever asked you about this... Or talked to you about this?"

"Have you even talked to other humans before?" I add in, and the turtles all shake their heads as they go back into overlapping chatter.

"No."
"Nope, not really."
"We haven't met a human who's liked us."
"Sometimes we pretend to be on Whitney Williams, but that's it!"

Leo's brow bones then furrow and his head raises as he tries to get a view of the notebook, "Why are you... Why are you writing all of this down?"

"I'm a journalist," April answers, before she makes a face and corrects herself, "Well, I want to be a journalist. I write for our school newspaper."

Leo nods, and then he looks at me, "Do... You write too?"

I make a so-so motion with my hand, "Sometimes. But, normally I take the photos and record and stuff. I'm the camera girl."