Prologue

A/N: Just want to give a little background, you could probably skip this if you wanted. It's actually fairly short. :P

Key for the whole story:

(y/n)= Your name

(f/n)=Friend's Name

(u/n)= User Name

(e/c)= Eye color

It was a typical day for me, wake up just after two in the afternoon, push my self to do what I needed to do before sitting before my computer. Except before I could even open my laptop my phone goes off. A text from my mother. "What could she want?" I quietly asked myself as I swiped the screen to open the text.

'Hey sweetie, could you run to the store for me? ;)'

I roll my eyes slightly, she could have just come to my room to ask. Yeah I live with my mother still, in my twenties, jobless and living with mommy. Not that that's a bad thing, in fact it was amazing at first, but as the years passed I longed to get out on my own. The only down fall was that we lived in a town in the middle of nowhere, in Arizona of all places. There weren't any jobs and I didn't exactly have a car of my own, so that made things quite difficult.

Getting dressed I head out to grab the keys and list from my mother, as well as her debit card. Naturally I didn't have money of my own, not that I needed much really. I head out, making the twenty minute drive to the nearest store. I take my time, not ready to go back out into the heat of the summer, it was the hottest part of the day and the car's A/C was busted, so the cool air of the store was so welcoming. Grabbing what I needed I was thankful it wasn't anything that could potentially spoil on the drive back home.

As I step out into the scorching heat I groan. "Fuck...it's hot as balls." I murmur to myself as I head to the car and load the bags into the trunk. It was too hot, so I decided to stop by the gas station to grab a drink, I had a few bucks to my name why not treat myself. While that thought was in mind I acted on a whim and bought a lottery ticket. As mama always said 'You can win if you don't play.' Shoving it into my pocket I soon forget about it as I head home sipping on my slushy.

~~~

Several days passed and I had completely forgotten about the lotto ticket I had bought on a whim. It wasn't until I overheard on the news that there was a winner that had yet to claim their prize, and that the gas station it was bought from was the very one I had purchased it from. "Hey ma, if I'm the winner I'll buy you the house of your dreams and a car that will freeze you out in the summer." I say to her, earning a laugh.

"Yeah, in your dreams sweetie." she replies as she laughed.

Heading to my room I dig out the jeans I had worn from the bottom of my laundry pile and search through the pockets. I find it, crumpled up and I smooth it out as I move to my little desk, opening my laptop to go online and check the numbers. I pull up the site and stare at the numbers a moment before looking back to my ticket. This had to be a joke...

"31...32....48...49...53...25." Exact match, exact. Looking to the right I see the jackpot and I swear I blanked out for a good few moments. $60...million. Yes. "Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck. What have I done?" I freak out, shaking as it all sinks in my heart was racing and I could barely breathe. "MOOOOOOM!!!" I call out frantically.

She rushes in frantically. "(y/n), what is it? What's wrong? Are you okay?" she asks quickly as I try not to hyperventilate.

"I..I won.. I fucking won!" I manage to spit out.

"Don't scare me like that, and watch your mouth." she says and rolls her eyes before heading out of my room.

"No seriously. I won! Look for yourself!" I hand her the ticket and wait for it all to sink in. Seconds later we were jumping and screaming out of happiness, tears escaping our eyes. Everything after that became a little bit of a blur.

We were millionaires. My life changed that very day, and for the better.