Chapter Nine

Drew stared in shock at the car that sped away.

That girl knew him.

And not just his name.  She knew exactly what he was thinking, what he felt—and he had seen her surf, too.  She was amazing.  He looked through the photos on his camera, trying to catch her face, but there wasn't enough lighting to see anything except the faint silhouette of her body.

"Damnit!" He almost threw the camera in the sand.  Agitated, he glared at the spot where the car had been parked.  He needed to find this girl, had to—

Wait.  The girl obviously knew him, had shown recognition when she saw his face.  Drew's mind spun and he turned to look out at the water again. She probably goes to my school.

He would find this mystery girl.  And when he did, Drew would tell her how he felt.

He wouldn't lose her again.

**********************************************************************************************

"Oh.  My.  God," Abbi let out a laugh as she sped towards my house.

"What?" I glared at her.

"You were talking to Drew.  Drew was talking to you.  It was Drew.  Lindsey, do you realize—"

"Yes, I realize," I snapped.  "And I'm going to die if—"

 If Kelly finds out.

 "You're so overdramatic," Abbi rolled her eyes.  "We're almost to your house.  Chill out."

I let out a frustrated sigh, leaning my head back against the headrest.  Abbi grinned at me.

"You totally dig him."

"Shut up, Abbi."

"You're crushing so hard—"

"Ab."

She pulled into my driveway and I jumped out before the car had completely stopped.  "See you Monday!"

"Whatever, lovebird!" Abbi winked at me before pulling away.  I grinned after her, turning and walking through the door.  I let out a sigh and walked into my room, glancing at the clock.

11:59.

"Talk about a close call." I heard Taryn and looked at my doorway to see her leaning casually against it.

"I'm on time," I said with a frown.

"Where'd you go?" she asked.

"West Cove.  Why?" I kicked off my shoes.

"Because Kelly wanted to know," Taryn shrugged.

"Tell Kelly to butt out," I said, brushing past her and heading towards the bathroom.

"What, I can't worry about my sister?" I heard Kelly call from her room.  I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe if you weren't borderline stalking me, I wouldn't have a problem," I said, starting to brush my teeth.

"Funny," Kelly narrowed her eyes.  "Don't forget, you're helping me with my homework."

"Whatever," I spit into the sink and turned as Kelly shoved her graphic organizer into my chest.  I glanced at it, raising my eyebrows.

"Wow.  You got two done by yourself."

"And?"

"That's two more than you've ever done."