If Only I Could

Synopsis: Freen is graduating in a month with plans of her travelling with her band to chase success. How will she feel when she finds out that her best friend Becky has been lying to her about her own plans after graduation and what happens when Freen decides for both their futures?

Inspired by the song: Aqua- Turn Back Time

This song gives me so much nostalgia I love listening to it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarocha "Freen" Chankimha will be graduating high school in a month and she couldn't be any more excited. She's looking forward to finally leave this small town that she currently lives in and start her music career with her band which compromises of her cousin Han in the keyboards and her friends Yuki who plays the drums, Nam in the guitar and Non in bass with her being the lead vocals. They were ready to take Thailand by storm and since her mom couldn't afford to take both her and her sister, Sam to college. She agreed to let Sam graduate first and let her pay for her education once she gets a stable job since he'll graduate in 2 years, so she has less than 3 years to get famous before settling to just go to college and get a real job.

She was writing in her song book on the bleachers in the field when she felt someone pinch the left side of her stomach then sat right next her, it was her best friend Becky  who was wiping her sweat with a towel as she just finished her track practice.

Freen: You know every time you pinch my side, it bruises. (playfully rubbing her side)

Becky: That's because you're all skin and bones and no muscle or fats to protect yourself. (chuckling before drinking from her water bottle) It's a good think no one picks on you in the hallways.

Freen: It's because all the students remember what you did to Tam when he tripped me on the parking lot sophomore year.

Becky: (chuckling) Yeah, he wore a nasal pack for a week after that.

Freen: And you got suspended for a week too.

Becky: Yeah well. He shouldn't have messed with you in the first place. (smiling at her fragile best friend who was wearing dark rimmed glasses with a jumper and a high ponytail.)

Both girls were in a comfortable silence for a few minutes on the bleachers watching students doing various sports activities while other kids were busy flirting with others.

Freen: Did you receive any letters lately?

Becky: (sighing) No, I haven't.

Freen: It's alright BB. You'll get into a college soon. I can feel it.

Becky: Yeah well, about that...

Becky was cut-off when the bell rang signaling their next class will be starting soon.

Freen: Oh I have to hurry Becks, Mr. Chi will be giving a long quiz today so the students have to be there early. See you after school?

Becky: Maybe I'll be an hour late because I have a meeting with the team. I'll swing by your house later?

Becky: Ok, see you then. (giving her best friend a hug before leaving the field)

Becky let out a frustrated huff before going to the showers to change for her next subject.

Freen drove home after school thinking she could shower before Becky comes by. They have been best friends since freshman year when the shorter girl saw a new neighbor who looked like her age moving in and she immediately introduced herself and took an instant liking to the shorter girl who moved in with her uncle since her mom left for the UK for work while Becky  transferred from Chiang Mai because her uncle was the only relative she had in Thailand. She lost her British father when she was just 10 years old, he was in the British Army and he died in battle. It affected Becky greatly but she knows that he loved her and her mom very much and she always thinks about him and the great memories they shared.