My Leading Lady

Becky: "Ugh! Why do I have to audition for this play again?" she asked Irin who was busy looking at herself in the mirror that was hung in her locker room.

Irin: "Because you owe me for letting you copy off my history report that got you an "A" 2 weeks ago which helped you boost up your overall grade so your parents allowed you to watch the Taylor Swift Concert next week." she gave her bestfriend a smile before looking back at Becky who had a scowl on her face and arms crossed. "*sighs* Please Becs! We need a GOOD lead for this play in order to get funds for our drama club this year and I know you are an excellent actress but for SOME reason you choose to hide that as soon as we started high school. You loved acting at our old school."

Becky: "That was elementary days." she deadpanned.

Irin: "And?"

Becky: "Aaaand.. It's different now, highschool is a whole different jungle. More critiques and more judgmental people. I don't want that."

Irin: "Pleaseeee? I promise after this play, I will not force you to do another one until we graduate next year. I swear!" crossing her heart to proved she is serious.

Becky: *huffs* "Fine! But don't blame me if  I don't get the lead role in the audition alright?" raising an eyebrow.

Irin: "I won't. And don't worry, I'm sure you will knock the socks off Ms. Chan."

Becky: "You know it's been a while since I last acted right?"

Irin: "Still having no doubt of your talent." she smiles proudly.

They were about to head to their next class when Becky bumped into someone and almost fell but was held on the waist by none other than her constant admirer; Freen.

Freen: "Woah, watch yourself Princess. Don't want you to fall and hurt yourself." she smirked and gently helped Becky stand up straight but was shoved in return.

Becky: "Will you stop following me, Freen. If I know any better I think you did that on purpose." rolling her eyes at the girl in front of her while keeping her distance making sure Freen doesn't have another chance to touch her.

Freen: "Oh please, if I did that in purpose, I can assure you I would not just be holding your waist." flashing her killer smile that usually gets girls weak on their knees.

Becky just gave her a warning glare but did not look directly in those piercing eyes knowing what Freen is capable of knowing that the resident playgirl has an interest in her. She is trying not to fall for the girl's trap like the others. There was tension in the air so Freen's friend who was beside her named Noey decided to break the silence.

Noey: "Anyway..." *clearing her throat* "Irin, Phi Jin still extends her apologies that she can't do the play. She felt guilty after promising you she will audition for it."

Irin: "Tell her not to apologize, no one wants to have the chickenpox." nodding understandably. "Besides... I believe I have found a great replacement." Smirking at Becky's direction who shot her an irritated look because she wasn't even sure if she will get the lead anyway but her bestfriend still insists that she will get it.

Freen: "You'll audition my Princess?" looking at Becky with an amused smile.

Becky: "Excuse me, I have a name and I am NOT yours." Looking pointedly at Freen.

Freen: "Still not answering my question." Leaning her face forward trying to get closer to Becky who stepped back and hit her back at her locker that Freen can't help but chuckle.