CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Welcome back! And I'm not dead haha sorry for the delay, I have reasons! :)) enjoy~

Celestia's POV:

"Buongiorno, bellezza!"(Good morning, beautiful!) Marcello's mom squealed when she saw me. She wore her usual work clothes; a black pencil skirt and a white blouse. She walked up to me gracefully and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Good morning, Lucy," I said, blushing. Lucy looked like a strong sophisticated woman and I could tell she adored me, probably because she thought I was her son's girlfriend.

I am his girlfriend. I internally face-palmed myself after remembering I didn't have to try as hard to get him to be my soulmate anymore. Alright, new plan; Get him to be my Alpha king aka, Marriage.

"So, what are your plans for the day?" She asked, wrapping her hand around my arm and leading me toward the front door.

"Well, I have a date tonight, and don't think I have a dress." I chuckled nervously.

"Dios mio! (My god!) Did my son finally ask you out?" She asked in excitement and I nodded.

"I knew it. I've seen him look at you differently. A mother is never wrong." She said with pride and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Now, let's not waste time. We're going shopping!" She squealed, dragging me to the car.

***

We made our way to some high-end stores. If I wanted to feel good, I needed the good stuff. I ended up with a beautiful black bodycon dress that ended right above my knee, with thin straps. It really showed all my assets and Lucy got so excited when she saw me try it on. She suggested I get myself a pair of black stilettos and a satin clutch to go with and I couldn't say no. Lucy had me try on at least thirty outfits before we settled on this one. I got super exhausted at one point so we stopped for a short brunch break. It was fun talking and hanging out with my boyfriend's mother, she officially became my new best friend.

During the brunch, Lucy got up to use the restroom and I started to feel nervous all of a sudden. I've been on dates before, but this was a different feeling, and I don't know if he feels the same way.

I took out my brand-new phone which Lucy offered to buy and even put Marcello's number in it. I clicked on the message icon and sent my first text.

-Hey, Marcello :)

The reply came almost immediately.

-Who's this?

I smiled at his response.

-Who do you think? {wolf emoji}

-Rachel? Why do you have a new phone number?

My smile dropped immediately. This jackass is actually my boyfriend now and he's already talking about that plastic prostitute.

-Wtf dude?

-haha I'm joking. Ofc I know who you are, neonata(babygirl).

I smiled again and sent him a selfie with a kissy face.

-Princess, don't give me a boner. I'm at a meeting.

-{devil emoji} Are we still on for tonight?

No reply. He left me on read and I proceeded to stare at my lonely text, waiting for a response. I blinked and switched off my phone. What if he changed his mind?

Lucy came back eventually and I acted as if everything was totally fine while I was so anxious and nervous on the inside. We went about our day doing a few other things like getting our nails done and entering a really good spa. We finally made our way home and it was just after five, Lucy gave me a small hug and a 'good luck' and left. I made my way to Marcello's room and it was empty so I grabbed a towel and my new dress and entered the bathroom.