CHAPTER TWO

Hey, my lovies! I hope you liked the first chapter! I'm trying so hard to get attention rn...like I'm private messaging ppl...lol. This book is new. I'm new. everything is new... let's not waste time on my ranting. On with the story! UPDATE: So I'm still going through each and every chapter and fixing the mistakes. If you happen to run into any chapters between 1-13 that look a little weird or have really bad descriptions, know that I'm probably still working on those chapters! Anyways continueee

Celestia's POV:

It's been a few days since that family meeting. Both my parents left me alone after I gave them my statement...More like, they couldn't find me because I would lock myself in my room and only come out when it was time to eat.

"Celest, this is becoming unhealthy. You need some fresh air, let's go outside and do something fun." Jazzy complained.

Thinking about what Jaz said, a small lightbulb blinked in my head.

"You're right, Jazzy. We need some fresh air."

New York City.

"Oh God, this is not the fresh air I was talking about at all!" Jaz whined, sniffing the air with her very sensitive nose.

I got out of the white cab and released a breath I didn't know I was holding. After all that was happening, I deserved a break.

Being in NYC itself was all too surreal like a dream come true. Buildings raced each other in a quest to touch the soft blue sky and people littered the streets and sidewalks. Life here was upbeat and fast-paced and everyone and everything was moving.

"C'mon Jaz, it's not that bad," I mumbled.

"Don't blame me, it's disgusting in here." Jaz pouted.

I chuckle and shook my head. We were standing outside of 'La Dominica Plaza', the fancy-looking hotel I booked for a few weeks. It stood out from the rows of other buildings beside it, all plain looking and boring.

"Damn, the guy must be filthy rich to be owning something this luxurious." Jaz whistled in awe.

I enter the hotel, got my keys, and let a staff take me to my room.

It was breathtakingly beautiful, with a large King sized bed and small antiques almost everywhere making the room all the more fancy but comfortable. The large balcony seems to be the biggest attention seeker with a glass tea table and some chairs that goes along with the perfect sky-high view of the city.

I slumped on the bed and stared at the beige-colored ceiling.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked my wolf.

"Girl, I don't fucking know. I wanted fresh air and you brought me to this stench hole." Jaz whined again.

"There's a nice bar across the street, let's go check it out," I said as Jaz groaned.

***

M.V Dominic's Club.

"Does he own like half the city or something?" Jaz laughed.

"M.V Dominic's Club" I repeated mockingly and entered through the automated door.

There was a large dance floor in the middle of the room with crowds of people grinding on each other to some upbeat music and at the back of the rooms were closed doors labeled 'VIP'.

I took a seat on one of the stools near the bar.

"What can I get you, miss?" asked a male bartender with mid-length blonde hair and seductive blue eyes.

"A mocktail, please. Not planning on getting drunk tonight." I said smiling.

"Alright then." He said leaving to prepare my drink while I observed my surroundings a little more.

As if on cue, the VIP door flung open and two men in black suits emerged, both dragging a whimpering man toward the elevator. The man looked distressed and scared, trying to tell them something but the loud music blocked out their conversation.

They entered the elevator and pressed the top button that lead to the rooftop.

I slipped out of my seat and pushed my way through the crowd making a beeline to the set of stairs beside the elevator.

"Curiosity kills the cat," Jaz said in a warning tone.

"It can't be that serious, I'll just take a peek," I assured her and started up the stairs.

"These are shady-looking men, Celestia! I'm not saving your ass if you fuck up." Jaz huffed in response.

I reached the top of the staircase and creaked open the metal door to the rooftop and tiptoed my way behind the hammock swing.

"Per favore, devi credermi. Non I'ho fatto! Non andrei mai contro il capo."(Please, you have to believe me. I didn't do it! I would never betray the boss.) The man sobbed uncontrollably, now falling to his knees before the two men.

"Zitto, fotutta ratto!"(Shut up, you fucking rat!) One of the men shouted and attacked his face with the back of his gun.

The man fell to the ground spitting crimson red all over the concrete floor.

I watched as one of the men in black loaded his gun while the other grabbed the guy by the hair and whispered something in his ear before pointing the gun to his forehead and pulling the trigger.

BANG.

I covered my mouth with my hands to prevent any noise from escaping as I watched the bits and pieces of the man's brain matter scattered around the rooftop and splattered blood that looked like thick red paint.

"Il capo, he's dead," said one of the men on the phone while the other wiped his hands on a napkin.

"Oh yeah, this is not serious at all," Jaz said with sarcasm in her tone.

I quietly took off my heels, deciding I'm going to have to make a run for it because these guys don't look like they were leaving anytime soon.

I look at the men one more time and the door right beside them, if I make a dash for it, they'll be too stunned to make a move immediately. So, I started a countdown from three and prepared to run when I tripped over something deliberately blocking my way and fell face first exposing myself from behind the hammock swing.

Fuck.

Both men looked at me and pointed their guns in my direction. Cursing myself, I rose from my hiding spot with my hands in the air in surrender.

"I um- I didn't see anything and I promise to keep my mouth shut..." I said, accepting defeat and immediately realizing these men will not let me go because I had walked straight into their dirty business.

The men didn't say a word but inched closer with their guns still pointing at me and blocking my only exit.

"Think quick, or we're both dead!" Jaz squealed.

I looked over my shoulder and sure enough, there was another building. It was a pretty high jump though. If I misplace my step, I could potentially fall to my death so it was either this or shift into my wolf form and kill these two humans but I'm not a murderer and I don't want to create a controversy. I had enough problems on my plate already.

I took two quick steps back, turned around, and jumped as high as I could nearly falling in between the two buildings but managed to grab onto the railings of the other rooftop and climb to safety.

I made a run for the next building when I heard gunshots. The men were now firing in my direction, I managed to dodge the bullets as I jumped and landed on the third building. I watched as the men started to follow my move leaping onto the other rooftop.

That's right, let's have a parkour race.

Aaannd that is it! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think will happen next?!? Will the men catch her? Or can she escape? Read the next to find outtt ----->