CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I don't blame you if you forgot what the story was about lmao. I suggest you read the last chapter if you've forgotten where I last left off. 😊 On with the story then...

Celestia's POV:

We got off the plane and a few of Marco's men pulled up with an SUV. I watched as Marco talked to one of his men in Italian and opened the car door for me. I quietly entered and felt myself relaxing against the soft leather seats. So much has been running through my mind. I've been darting from one thought to another for the past hour. The coronation, my family, the pack, rogues...Nathan, and Marcello. What am I going to tell everyone? I don't even have a speech ready. If I don't tell them about Marcello, then Dante and I will end up married. That's not good...none of this is.

I was so lost in thought I didn't realize Marcello was already by my side and cautiously watching my change of expression almost like he knew what I was thinking. He held my hand and gave it a slight squeeze. I looked at him and he had the most reassuring smile on his face, I couldn't help but smile back. This man meant the world to me and he has absolutely no idea.

"I think you should tell him before we arrive at the pack-house. It's your coronation after all and your gonna have to explain a lot of things to the pack." Jaz suggested. I hummed in return. She wasn't wrong, Marcello is a human being and I don't know what kind of reaction I would get from my pack of wolves but he's my mate and I cannot lie to them again.

"It's going to be okay," Marcello spoke.

I snapped out of my wandering thoughts, "Huh?"

"I said it's going to be okay, cara mia. You look very stressed and it's okay to be stressed about your coronation. Not to mention, I had no idea you were an actual princess. Shall I start calling you 'your Highness'?" He smirked.

I chuckled at his cheesy remark. "No, please don't." I laughed.

"Of course I won't, it was a joke." He laughed as I nudged him in the ribs with my elbow.

We stopped laughing and poking around like children after a while. I told him my address and he wasn't surprised that it was in the middle of the forest.

"You're a witch." He said crossing his arms and looking out the window. "Or maybe a fairy or something."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. You wish, hah.

"Actually, I was going to talk to you about that." I started. He instantly shot me a surprised look and proceeded to shift closer to me like I was telling him a secret. I glanced at the driver and Marco seemed to understand and told his driver to put on his earbuds and turn up the volume.

He diverted his attention back to me and had the most murderous look on his face. "You're not going to kill me, are you? Mind you, I carry that silver gun you're so damn afraid of."

I cleared my throat. "Silver is a threat to me, you're not." I smiled at his amused expression.

"But no, I'm not going to kill you," I said. "My coronation has something to do with you." I watched as his blank expression turned into confusion. He opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him.

"I-I'm a werewolf, Marcello, and in a few minutes, you're about to meet a whole pack of them. My pack includes my parents, my siblings, a few relatives, friends, and a lot more." I said, nervously fidgeting with my necklace.

"Hold on, werewolves are real? And what does any of this have to do with me?" He asked and started to laugh like I was talking crazy. I gave a serious look and after a while, he stopped and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Hold on, you're actually serious?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, werewolves are real and vampires are too. We've been alive for centuries and become pretty good at hiding. Though vampires and werewolves aren't really on good terms...but that's another story." I said as he stared at me intently waiting for me to continue.

I sighed. "When a werewolf turns 18, he or she is eligible to find a mate. We believe that each werewolf is destined to be with a particular person they feel a strong connection. Kind of like a soulmate. There are a few symptoms that happen when we do find our soulmates and that's how we know it's our mate. These symptoms include a particularly sweet scent we smell only from the mate that makes our inner wolf go crazy, we feel each other's emotions as well. We can also mind link but that only happens when we've marked each other." I stopped to catch my breath. The words 'mark each other' still lingering in my thoughts. Why did you have to be human, Marcello? I hate doing this to you.

"Mark each other?" He asked. I abandoned my thoughts and forced myself back on track.

"Yes. As in, a bite mark anywhere on the body. It helps our wolves to communicate even without a cell phone and I can always tell what's going on in your mind and how you're feeling." I said, my hands now shaking.

"Neonata (baby girl), am I your...mate?" He asked with the sexiest smile a person can ever have.

I nodded. "Was it that obvious?" I said rolling my eyes.

The rest of the car ride was full of excitement, confusion, nostalgia, and a lot of background history. I told Marcello everything about my family, about Nathan, and the coronation. To my surprise, he agreed to help me through my coronation and still called me 'beautiful' regardless of my being a beast.

We arrived at a path that separated into 3 different paths leading deeper into the forest.

"This is our stop," I said opening the car door.

A wave of nostalgia hit me remembering the last time I was here, I was bound to return only when I've found my mate and here I am. I kept my word, Mama.

My wolf became all giddy and excited, I sniffed the air. The scent of nature and mist and... that sexy cologne. I turned around and bumped into a hard chest. I looked up and smiled. "This is it. You can either turn around and leave or accompany me to my nerve-wracking coronation." I said, dreading his answer.

Marcello laughed, "I'm not going anywhere, bella. This is too exciting." He said looking down at me and moving a strand of hair from my face.

"Alright, which way are we going?" He asked looking at the 3 different paths.

"Follow me-" I stopped abruptly, freezing in my spot and processing what I just sensed.

Sweat. Blood. Jealousy. Vengeance.

"Fuck Celest, it's Nathan. He's here! He's here!" Jaz screamed.

Shit. I knew I smelled a rogue somewhere.

I looked around frantically trying to spot Nathan but failed. He's watching me...and he knows.

"Celestia, are you okay?" Marco asked also looking around trying to figure out what I was doing.

"Marco, you need to get inside the car. Nathan is here, I can smell him." I said shakily. He looked at me like I was crazy and took out his silver Mauser from his waist-belt.

"Welcome back, baby," said a husky voice followed by a rumbling laughter coming from behind the shrub.

So I think my writing has improved a lot since the first chapter. I literally had to read through the whole thing from the beginning since I lost track of everything. My own writing cringes me out wtf. I mean the smut is okay and stuff but goddamn some of these lines look like it was written by a 12 year old ffs. But anyways, that's the end of this new chapter. I will start updating frequently now. Y'all deserve it haha. See u next chapterrr.<3