1. Why can't you be nice

Two years ago …

His fingertips brushed over the edge of the seat, heals against the cold and dark marble ground. The air around him is tight, colors fading away as if light was vaporous and there is a constant low rumble in the distance, it never goes away. Heterochromic eyes fell on the table in from of him, long, casted with a material similar to gold, in a heavy somber wood. 
A world apart for an apart person, between life and death, yet far away from the mortality of a beating heart. Ruling over it as if it had any right to, unspoken mystery or the universe. 

In the center of that, was nothing but a mere human, red pumping through his veins, a continuous insult to what should have been taken long ago. Yet Lucifer missed its chance to snatch it back, banned for eternity from this realm. Seat now taken. 
It was uncomfortable, stabbing your back as if it didn't want you there or was it the pain of his barely healed injuries ? Tinea couldn't tell. 

He was there before the meeting, enjoying the silence of a yet uneventful night. At least he had something to do, somewhere to be, anything that could keep his mind away from that damned city. How meaningless his life had become, he thought, but in the end it always was. 
Suddenly, his breath ran short as he heard steps coming from the hallway behind him, echoing against the tall walls. He didn't move, to not disturb himself. 

A white haired head entered his vision, visibly spooked by his minuscule presence. Tinea simply gazed at their face, expecting a social interaction, which never really came as the both of them just stared. 
He had to turn his head away, stressed at the sudden challenge that was looking someone in the eyes. Yet the stranger langering seemed curious. In a quick glance, he noticed their expression change, lifting their brows as they turned around to walk out. 

Tinea took a second to blink and frown, wondering what he should do before a hand laid on the table, scaring him. 

" Hi. " The stranger said, having come back. 

Tinea's body reacted before his consciousness and he hid his face from shame that he had jumped. 

" Sorry. Did I scare you ? I thought i'd say hi. " 

Awkward. 

" … No … " Tinea mumbled, not really knowing what he was refuting. 

" … Okay, I'm Ghost. " 

They offered him their hand for a shake.

" I know. " 

He replied, keeping his hands to himself. 

" … You're Tinea ? " 

The one and only, he thought, only to nod vaguely, his lack of social skill sending the message he really needed to send as of now : Leave me alone. 

To his surprise, blondie didn't seem to mind and when their butt layed on the side of the table, Tinea knew what kind of person he had in front of him. Despicable.
He knew who this 'Ghost' was, their name serving as the perfect presentation. Ironically, they were the only other human in this hell of a place. From the cleanup crew. 
Tinea only saw them from far away, his mentor quickly spoke about them in what seemed to be an endeared way. 
The Queen always had a big heart and a soft place for what Tinea thought were silly creatures, humans. 

As Ghost was apparently ready to stay, Tinea glared back at them, analyzing their face as they pretended to be uninterested. 
How unfair it was, such define features on an insolent expression, framed by some curious black tips. When their eyes met, he didn't turn away, he felt it would have been weirder if he had. 

" Do you finally want to talk to me ? " They asked with a sweet fake smile.

" Do I have a choice ? "