4. (+18) Don't play

Note : This was also co-written by AI and is a follow up of the last one. I remember putting a little more effort for character coherence this time. ( I like it more than the first 👁👁)

***

It's 4 a.m now, Tinea is laying on a bench, cold night surrounding him. He's looking at his phone still, it's been a while.

He couldn't shame Ghost for that, those were very satisfying pictures, he might have even kept them.

This feeling was not jealousy, it was nothing but playful as he felt Ghost had one up on him. And he needed his revenge.

But for now he had to wait, wait for the sun to rise at least.

Unexpectedly, the phone started to vibrate in his hand, Tony's contact displayed on it. So late and after all of that ? How could he still be awake.

He answered the call.

" Hey, are you alright? " Tinea asked, concerned.

" Yeah, I'm fine... " Antony said, but he didn't sound fine at all. " I just woke up and... I was concerned... "

" About what ? "

Silence fell over the line, as Tinea almost thought it had glitched.

" You... " Antony said in such small voice, the microphone almost didn't pick it up.

" Wh- " Tinea was a bit surprised. " I'm fine, why ? Is it post nut clarity or did your antennas pick on something ? " He gazed around stressfully, waiting for something to jump on him.

He heard a snort from the other end of the line.

" Post nut clarity, I'd say... I just don't remember if we discussed pics and if it was okay... I just want to make sure no boundaries were crossed... "

" Go back to sleep, sunshine. It's fine, plus you're really pretty on those. "

Antony's heart skipped a beat, he could feel his face growing hot, it's as if it was the first time hearing that but he tried to play it cool.

" Yeah, I know. "

" Pfrrt, sleep. "

" Yes, yes... Goodnight, see you tomorrow, Angel. "

" Goodnight Buggy. "

The phone call ended and the cold night welcomed him again. "How cute. " he kept thinking to himself, letting out a chuckle.

***

It's early afternoon, Ghost went back to their usual, exploring the city mindlessly while looking at the people around them, looking for a certain kind of beauty and innocence they could never have.

They've never wanted that, they've never craved it or thought they should, maybe just a little bit, but not for too long.

And yet, for some reason, today was different, they couldn't find a particular someone interesting and that made them upset, like a void that would never be filled.
They kept walking around the streets, going from store to store, not buying anything, just browsing. They walked all the way to the park, sitting on a bench near a fountain.

The weather was nice, warm wind and a clear blue sky, a good day to be outside, just them and the world, the sun on their face, making them feel at home.

Ghost closed their eyes, they let the world around them fade, they wanted to hear nothing but the sounds of the birds, the wind, the water, the cars, everything that made this world.

Suddenly a boot hit the wood of the bench, making it shake and Ghost jump.

They opened their eyes, startled by the sound.