"Guys, it's settled. Sue's going to be with us for the week." Mr. Schue confirms, "Now, I received an envelope in the mail today."

Mr. Schue walks back to the piano, picking up the letter that sits on top of it. The students murmur and make comments of approval, excited to learn who the other team they're competing against at regionals.

"I know that we're facing Kurt and the Warblers at Regionals."

"Sweet porcelain." Sue mumbles, making Blake look at her oddly.

"And it looks like this year, we face Aural Intensity again." Mr. Schue reveals.

Mercedes sighs, "They cleaned our clock last year."

"It seems that the governing board has assigned a theme to this year's Regionals and part of our score will be based on how we interpret it." Mr. Schue explains, "This year's theme: anthem.
Now who can tell us what an anthem is?"

Rachel and Blake raise their hands, Rachel the more desperate to be called on out of the two. "It's the bottom of an Ant's pants." Brittany answers matter-of-factly.

Blake nods, "She's not wrong."

"No, an anthem is an epic song." He continues.

"Why ask a question if you're just gonna answer it?" Blake grumbles.

"Filled with a-a ground-swell of emotion, that seems bigger than itself – even bigger than the person performing it." He says, passionately.

"Mr. Schue?" Sam raises his hand, walking up to the teacher.

"Oh, hey Sam. I didn't even notice your new haircut..." Mr. Schue looks at him awkwardly.

"Yeah," He nods, "I've been looking at a new image for my one-man band, The Justin Bieber Experience."

Blake chuckles slightly, while Sam does look very adorable in his Justin Bieber get up, the kid is like twelve.

"You've got to be kidding me." Quinn says, clearly not enthralled by Sam's new one man band.

"Dude," Puck stares at the boy, "that haircut makes your mouth look... even ... bigger."

Everyone laughs at what Puck said, making Sue put up her hand, "Let her speak."

"Laugh all you want, but that kid's an epic talent. And there's a number that I've been working on that I've been meaning to show off." Sam admits, "And I think it qualifies as an anthem because... it's just hugely emotional and... sums up our generation."

Mr. Schue pats Sam on the chest, "Alright, let's hear it buddy."

Sam walks up to the band and grabs a guitar that was sitting near them. He strums a few chords as he centers himself in front of Quinn.

[Sam]
Oh-uh-oh-uh-oh
Oh-uh-oh-oh-uh
Oh-uh-oh-oh-uh-oh-uh

You know you love me, I know you care
Just shout whenever, and I'll be there
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never, ever, ever be apart

Blake smiles at Sam, "This is actually a really good song." She says.

Finn looks at the girl oddly, not understanding why she's finding this song interesting. She looks at him and shrugs, not feeling the need to explain herself.

Are we an item?
Girl, quit playin'
"We're just friends," what are you sayin'?
Said, "There's another," and looked right in my eyes
My first love broke my heart for the first time