4. The Masquerade Ball pt. II

Start from the beginning

"I thought we'd get to have a bit of fun?" Marcus pouted

"Stay alive first, and we can always squeeze in some mischief" Jess smirked.

"Okay, this is it guys, spread out and stay alert"

"You sound like we're going into war" said Ezra

"You never know" I said

Mattheo's POV:

Tonight's the ball, I couldn't be more miserable.

I've always hated death eater balls, especially this one, it celebrated the return of my father.

I looked into the mirror to fix my hair and saw the fresh scar at the bottom of my jaw, my father did that this morning, it was spelled so it can't heal without a potion. Draco said he'd fetch me the potion but it would take time, so I have to wait till the end of the ball

I had no choice, it was mandatory.
I finished getting ready and spayed some cologne and grabbed my mask.

My mask was gold to match my tie

I heard a knock on my door and went to answer it.

I opened the door to reveal the rest of the boys,

They all had matching tuxedos with different colored bows and different masks

"Mate, you done yet? The guests are arriving and we're supposed to greet them" said Draco

"Yeah, yeah, let's go" I said annoyed.

We walked down the stairs and greeted each of the guests, and I tried to be as polite as I could, even though I was cussing in my head.

I saw Rosier and Esmerey bickering about something. I recognized them because they were holding their masks instead of wearing them. They didn't look too bad, Marcus was alright and Eliana  seemed fine. I decided to bother them.

"Well, hello there, enjoying your evening?" I asked with a smirk, and took off my mask so they could recognize me.

Rosier seemed pissed and Esmerey looked bored.

"Leave us alone Riddle, do you really have nothing better to do?" Asked Eliana.

"No actually, but if you insist, I'll go bother Nightshade. Where is she?"

Marcus started "umm uhh" he laughed nervously, I don't know why.

Eliana face slapped herself and rolled her eyes

"We last saw her over there" she pointed to a crowd.

I nodded, but still a little confused why they were acting so weird.

I looked around but couldn't find her, probably because she had her mask on. I decided I'll do it later. I walked to a drink table and took a whiskey and walked around a bit.

A good looking girl approached me and asked for a dance as the dancing was starting and people were gathering at the dance floor.

I was gonna agree 'cause I was bored, when I saw her.

I didn't know who she was, but she was beautiful. She was dressed in all blue and had piercing green eyes and black hair.

That sounds familiar

Ohh well, whoever she is, she's lovely. I realized while I was staring at her the other girl was still waiting for my response, I didn't bother and just walked past her and and slowly walked toward her.

Just then, a guy came outa nowhere and bowed before her. I stopped in my tracks to watch.

She lightly giggled and he took her hand and kissed it. Asshole. Wait why am I so mad, I don't even know her.

I was about to walk away when I saw them walking together towards the dance floor and the music was starting.

I don't know what I was doing but I went back to the girl who had asked me and saw her walking alone. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the dance floor and she smirked.

I kept my eyes on only her while she danced with that guy. "So what made you change your mind?" The girl I was dancing with asked.
"I didn't bring you here to speak" I answered sternly still not keeping my eyes of her.

After a good two minutes she noticed me staring and narrowed her eyes and realized that I was in fact staring directly at her. I didn't look away and looked straight into her eyes and she did the same.

For a moment time stood still, as if the music and people around us weren't there.

The dance ended and she excused herself from the boy and gave me one last glance before turning her back and entering a more dark and secluded part of the mansion.

I followed her.

I was in a dark secluded hallway near the backyard. It was quite dark and I could barely see anything. That's when I realized, she was gone. She wasn't here, or so I thought.

"Stalking me are we?" I heard a soft female voice whisper from behind, which sounded oddly familiar.

I turned around and was faced with her.

She was beautiful, no doubt about it. Even with the mask I could tell.

I was at a loss for words, I wasn't sure what I was doing, nor why I followed her.

She tilted her head and narrowed her eyes.

"What's your name?" I asked, as the first thing that popped into my head.

"This is a masquerade is it not? The whole point of theses masks is to remain invisible, so let that remain a secret for now."

I said nothing just stared into her eyes and she did the same. It wasn't awkward, more of a comforting silence, like I've known her my whole life.

Her eyes drifted to scan my face and stopped at the bottom of my jaw.

Shit.

She noticed my scar. She turned her attention back to my eyes and tilted her head as if questioning me about it.

I said nothing and she understood I didn't want to talk about it.

She looked behind her at the crowd chatting and dancing.

"wanna disappear for a while?" She asked gently and turned her attention back to me.

"What do you have in mind?"

—————-
Part III shall be uploaded shortly or tomorrow, sorry I'm a bit busy.

What do you think so far?
Thanks for reading
❤️
1209 words