Chapter 22 - Precedent

(Third Person POV)

Akane stood outside a cozy restaurant, her phone in hand and a hint of anticipation in her eyes. It hadn't been long since the reality dating show had ended, and during that time, she had wanted to call Alex more times than she could count. She had wanted to hear his voice, talk to him, and see him again. But there was always something that got in the way, be it her busy schedule or the pressure of making the call.

'This time!'

Today was different, though. Today, she was free, and it felt like the perfect moment to reach out to him. She dialed his number and held the phone to her ear, her heart fluttering with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

With each ring, her anticipation grew. She couldn't help but smile, imagining how Alex would react when he saw her name on his caller ID. It had been a while since they had spoken, and she missed him more than she cared to admit.

But as the ringing continued, her smile slowly faded, replaced by a tinge of disappointment. Alex wasn't picking up. She glanced at her phone screen, wondering if he had seen her call and simply couldn't answer at the moment.

"I guess he must be busy." Just when she was about to give up and end the call, the ringing stopped abruptly. "H-Hello?" Akane's heart skipped a beat, hoping that Alex had finally answered.

"There you are!"

But it wasn't Alex's voice that greeted her; it was Mem-Cho. The door to the restaurant swung open, and Mem-Cho stepped outside, her face bright and filled with excitement.

"Hey, Akane! What are you doing out here?" Mem-Cho asked, her cheerful tone contrasting with Akane's disappointment.

Akane quickly ended the call and pocketed her phone, offering Mem-Cho a small smile. "Oh, I was just trying to call someone. But it seems he's busy or something."

Mem-Cho nodded understandingly. "Ah, I see. Well, the party is about to start inside. Come on, let's join the others!"

Akane hesitated for a moment, her thoughts still on Alex. She really wanted to talk to him, to share her feelings and experiences since the show ended. But she also didn't want to keep Mem-Cho waiting or dampen the after-party's mood.

With a resigned sigh, she nodded and followed Mem-Cho back into the restaurant. As they entered, she made a silent promise to herself that she would try calling Alex again later. Maybe their paths would cross soon, and they could finally have the conversation she had been longing for.

For now, though, she would immerse herself in the festivities and enjoy the company of her friends. Her journey had been tough, so she deserved to wind down.

.

.

In the cozy dimness of Frill's studio, Alex and Frill sat together, huddled around a monitor displaying the clips of the intimate scenes they had filmed together. The room was quiet except for the soft hum of the equipment and the occasional click of a mouse.

Alex sat shirtless, his chiseled physique faintly illuminated by the glow of the screen. His usually tousled hair was even more disheveled than usual, giving him a slightly rugged charm. Frill, on the other hand, wore her cardigan in a messy, artful way, a stark contrast to her usually put-together appearance.

They both watched the clips intently, their expressions thoughtful. The scenes they had shot together were intense, filled with raw emotion and palpable tension. The two could hear their raw moans, their skin-to-skin touches adding a cinematic experience that elicited quaint sensations, the two fully immersed in their roles as lovers with a dark twist in their machinations. It was the essence of method acting, a process that allowed them to fully immerse themselves in their roles.