Chapter 2 - Sister and Mother

(Third Person POV)

When the triplets were old enough to communicate without being suspicious, life continued on as usual as they explored the new prospects that awaited them. Their infant bodies expanded a little and their voices became more defined, which greatly aided Alex's production efforts. Aqua and Ruby didn't change their signature looks, but Alex requested that his hair grow out, which was now secured in a ponytail.

At one point, Aqua got roped into an acting gig. It was a bit unusual as Aqua stated he had no interest in the said field. But the moment he learned that acting for the director will help Ai give her more screen opportunities in the future, he didn't hesitate anymore. 

Shifting to the present time, Aqua and Ai were away as they went to a shooting set for Aqua. As for Alex and Ruby, they decided to stay cooped up at home to do as they please. At that time, Alex kept working on his song for Ai.

.

.

Alex was observed writing on a sheet of paper in their living room, which included the words to his song. On the paper, there were scribbles and erasures, indicating that he was carefully selecting the proper phrases to use. He also wanted to get started on the rhythm and music track, but he couldn't because he didn't have his instruments. That was the disadvantage of being reborn as a youngin, and he can't just ask Ai for some because that would be too suspicious.

With no helping it, he decided to just imagine the melody in his head. He was good at visualizing musical notes after all as he was one the chosen few in the world who had 'perfect pitch'. Setbacks given and choices limited, he eagerly worked on the lyrics on the paper and the sound in his head.

"I may have stumbled, I may have fallen - ♪ - But with you by my side, I'll keep on... jiving? No, I guess I'll use walkin' for that one." He mixed and matched the lyrics as he sang them. "I'm so blessed to have found you, my new family, my love so true - ♪ - With this second chance, I'll make it right. I'll hold you close, and live this life - ♫ - ... yes, perfect!" He was loving how it was all coming to place. "Alright, now for the revision for the second ver-"

"Watchu doing~?"

"Wah!" Startled, Alex jumped at the sudden intervention of a voice. "G-God, don't scare me like that, Ruby."

Ruby, bored, decided to check on his older brother who she saw eagerly working on something in the living room. 

"What's this?" Ruby picked up the sheet that Alex was working on, only for it to be yanked out of her hands.

"Don't go around and steal other people's music sheets." Alex hissed.

"Music sheet? Are you making a song?!" Intrigue filled her gaze as she scooched close to him. "No wonder I heard you sing! What's the song about?"

"It's none of your business. Now leave me alone, I'm busy."

The tone of Alex's voice was one that Ruby did not want to hear. And because of that, he would soon regret ever saying that sentence to her.

"Oh don't be a spoilsport!"

"Why are you using such difficult words?"

"You actually sing so well!"

"Hey, let's play a game!"

"At least tell me what the song is about!"

All of Ruby's nagging was torturing Alex. With his sister's persistent displeasure, he literally couldn't write or develop the dang song. The pen in his palm shook as his brain began to boil, and his face was gritting so hard that a vein appeared on his forehead. He erupts after three minutes of attempting to ignore her.