Chapter 6 - Arima Kana

(Third Person POV)

Yoto High School. Among combined high schools, or even just across the country in general, this is one of the few to offer a performing arts program. Not anyone can just apply to this program. You must provide proof that you are affiliated with a talent agency to be eligible.

Ruby and Alex were of course set to join that program as they were already signed in with IchigoPro, with Ruby as an idol in training and Alex as Aesír but recorded as a music artist in training instead. Aqua, on the other hand, despite his experience working as an actor in the past, decided to be in the general education program for his own endeavors. 

As Aqua and Ruby were already finished with their interviews, Alex meanwhile just finished his interview as he was now walking along the halls of the school toward the meetup point of the siblings. The air around him elicited anonymity as he looked around at what the school had to offer. 

'This feels nostalgic.' He thought as he remembered his own high school days. 'Back then I was... no, no point bringing up that back.' Alex hesitates as he continues listening to his song playing from his headphones.

After a few twists and turns, he finds Aqua and Ruby at the waiting point, idling by before they noticed the odd sibling walk up to them.

"So? How was it?" Ruby inquired regarding her middle brother's interview.

"I'm fine. They tried to pry about my music career, but I got by without spilling anything." He assured as he removed his headphones. "How bout' you?" Alex looked to Aqua.

"It was no problem. On the off-chance I fail the interview, it would have been because of my name." He sheepishly panned, earning a laugh from Ruby.

"I mean, your real name is Aquamarine after all." She poked as a student passed them by. "I mean it's just as ridiculous as Alexandrite, which is both mouthful. So we just call you Aqua, like Alex."

At the corner of Alex's eye, he noticed that the student who just passed by them stopped in her tracks. She began muttering something as if she had realized a fact she somehow overlooked, the view putting him off.

"Aquamarine... Aqua..." She mutters, catching the attention of the other two. "Hoshino Aqua?!" The student then looked back, revealing her pinkish-red hair and eyes and shoulder-length hair with blunt bangs, with a hat to boot. "Aqua? Aqua! You're Hoshino Aqua?!" She walked back to meet them.

"Who are you again?" Aqua tilted his head, familiarity hitting him.

"Ah, isn't she..." Ruby then remembered her. "The genius child actress who can lick baking soda just like that?!"

"...what?" Alex got understandably perplexed.

"I-It's the genius child actress who can cry in ten seconds flat!" She corrected sternly. "It's me! Arima Kana! We've acted together before!"

At that moment, Aqua finally remembered who she is. 

"Ah, long time no see." Although he wasn't particularly enthusiastic about it. "Are you studying in the performing arts program here?"

But Kana ignored his question as she put her hand on his shoulder. 

"I'm glad... I've always wondered if you've stopped acting or..." She said. "We've finally met again! Are you joining the program too?! The performing arts program in this school?!"

"Nope, I've applied for the general education program."

"W-What?!" Shock litters her face. "Why the heck!"

"My sister and brother applied for the performing arts program. And I'm here to watch over them both." He motions to Alex and Ruby.

"What?!"