Chapter 3 - Darkness

(Third Person POV)

"Ah, she fell asleep."

"She did dance for quite a while in the living room, so it's pretty understandable."

"She just woke up three hours ago and danced for two hours, then slept again. Who does that?"

"Hehe, she looks so cute~"

Ai, along with her sons, watches Ruby utterly knocked out on the bed.

"And here I thought you all could see me warm up for the performance later. But it looks like that plan is now scrapped since she's sleeping soundly. Are you two fine with it?"

"Yeah, it's fine./No problem." Alex and Aqua replied respectively.

"Alright then." Ai gets off the bedside. "I'll be making a call real quick. The dome performance is a couple of hours away so everything has to be perfect! I'll leave you boys to care for Ruby while I'm gone."

"Mom, we're in the same house." Aqua panned.

"Ah, you're right. Teehee~" Ai playfully stuck her tongue out as she scoots out of the room. "I'll be back as soon as I finish the call." With that, she left, her two sons embarrassed at their mother's cutesy act.

Left alone, the two boys look at each other with blank gazes. 

Aqua and Alex's bond is similar to any other between close brothers. Aqua was born first, and Alex was born second, therefore the two have mutual regard for each other. They had no idea how they had gotten to that point in their sibling bond. The two just know that they naturally developed that way with each other, as if they were close adults.

Both of them don't find trouble in one another, but rather find each other's company comfortable. Well, living with a clutz mom and a boisterous sister naturally attributed to their close solace in each other.

"Seriously, can this girl ever wind down?" Aqua sighs as he glances over at Ruby.

"She has the mind of a twelve-year-old, just let her be," Alex responds to the comment. "Today's finally the day Ai gets to perform in the Tokyo Dome. I hope everything will go well."

"She'll be making a historic moment to remember. The manager did everything he could, I have full faith that everything will go as planned." Aqua said with full confidence. 

That's right, today was the day Ai will get to perform in the Tokyo Dome along with B-Komachi. Getting to perform on that prestigious stage was such a big deal. With only performers who have touched the stage on a national level the only ones worthy of such a grandiose place. The very fact that she would be performing there goes to show how far Ai has come. Knowing that their mother was a woman of that caliber gave them pride as their children.

"By the way, how's your progress on the song?"

"Good, I guess. I've practiced all I can." He said but his expression says so otherwise, which Aqua noticed.

"What's wrong?" He interrogates. "Don't tell me that you're getting cold feet over it. I've seen you practice for months now, you should be more than ready."

"Easy for you to say." Alex scoffs. "I've only sung my songs in my room back in my old life. Never have I tried singing for someone, let alone sing such a meaningful song to someone like Ai."

That sentence prompted Aqua to act.

"Look." He puts a hand on his shoulder. "I've known you for three years now. I've heard you sing time and time again, and listened to the lyrics that you've made all on your own. Right now, I'm very confident that you'll blow Ai away with your song." Aqua encourages, flushing Alex red. "Unlike me and Ruby, you on the other hand have such amazing talent for writing music and singing. You using that talent of yours to show your love and appreciation to Ai is something that should never be looked down upon. With the effort you put in and all the times I've heard you practice, I can clearly say that you're more than ready for it." And then he smiles. "Mom will love it, I'm sure of that."