Chapter 1 - Alexandrite

(Alexandrite's POV)

Before I get into the meat of things, here's the story so far. As you already know, I was once a twenty-three-year-old guy who was producing music to make a living, and then... yeah, I killed myself due to my circumstances. And while I was lamenting myself in the darkness of death, the next thing I know, I became the child of my favorite idol, Hoshino Ai. 

Well, one of her children that is.

I vividly remember hanging from that tree on that cold night, and I'm definitely sure that I'm not alive. I thought people like me went to the void of nothingness when I died. But when I awoke, I was in the hands of Ai who cradled me in her arms.

"Who's the mini Ai? Yes you are, my little Alexandrite!" Right now, I was being played with by, well, my now-new mother as I watched her fiddle with her fingers while I lay on the bed dumbfounded.

Now first of all, why Alexandrite? Out of all the names that exist in the current world, Ai had to pick THAT name? Oh god, if it wasn't for my love for Ai, I would have been malding. But well, after thinking about her reason for naming me that, I can kinda understand.

Remember what she said? Yes, I am exactly the mini version of Ai. In better words, I almost look exactly like Ai. Gradient colored eyes from purple to pink, blue-purplish hair, and similar facial features, I am literally the boy version of Ai. The reason why I was given the name "Alexandrite" is because the colors of the gemstone and I are alike.

Hence, Alexandrite. It took me a while to come to terms with my reincarnation. I don't even want to know or understand how this is real, but fuck that. 

I've been given a second chance to... a second chance huh... do I really deserve this second chance?

"Hangyuu!" Catching Ai's attention was another cry of another baby.

"Yeeees, what is it cutie?" She got off the bed and went to the baby in a crib on the other side of the room.

Hoshino Ruby, my sister. She sports blonde hair with pinkish highlights at the end. Her eyes are ruby-colored, which Ai named her after. She's usually quite lively, and to be completely honest, I'm not really that great with lively people. 

Still, I now have a sister. Hmm, there are gonna be lots of firsts in this second life of mine.

"Well look at that, Aqua is behaving himself!" Ai skidded to the other child lying down beside me.

Oh right, I also have a brother.

Hoshino Aquamarine. Has blonde hair, and blue Aquamarine eyes, which is what Ai named him after. I can't put my finger on it but this one seems really odd to me. But at least he's not lively like Ruby, so that's a plus. And if you haven't noticed yet, we're triplets, including Ruby. It's really astounding to know that Ai gave birth to triplets. 

One last thing, I don't know if I'm seeing things, but Aqua and Ruby, they both have some sort of... how can I call this, starlight in one of their eyes? Aqua's is on the right, and Ruby's on the left. It's the same as Ai's, they both have that special type of glimmer in their eyes. A sparkle that shines really brightly if you stare and mesmerize it. I don't know if people recognize it, but I sure as hell do. Now you might be wondering, how about me? Well...

I don't have it. That's right, I don't have some special star glimmer in my eyes despite me having the same eye color as Ai's. I mean I don't really care that I don't have it, what's the point of having it even when not many people acknowledge it? Actually, on that topic.

I'm actually the odd one out here. Aqua and Ruby technically have the same look as each other, you know, the blonde hair and the facial features. While I on the other hand have features vastly different from them, my looks basically being an embodiment of a male Ai but without the sparkler in my eyes. I guess that I'm unique among them, which I actually kind of like. The odd one out, the black sheep, the mysterious one, yeah, that has a nice ring to it.