Chapter 14 - Trauma

(Third Person POV)

*music*

As Alex sat in his music studio, his fingers gracefully danced across the ivory keys of his piano. He experimented with various chord variations, searching for the perfect combination that would capture the essence of his song, "I'd Rather Die." Each note resonated through the room, filling the space with a haunting melody that reflected his innermost emotions.

He played major sevenths, ninths, and even augmented chords to truly evict the harrowing theme of his song. The man was a sucker for music theory, playing around and even mixing things up to create the most unique of sounds. And when he's in the state of creating the music, he's completely absorbed like a mad scientist.

*chime*

Just as he began to lose himself more in the music, the familiar chime of his phone interrupted the serene atmosphere. He reached for it and saw the caller ID displaying Frill's name. Curiosity sparked within him as he answered the call.

"Frill, what's up?" Alex greeted her, a hint of anticipation in his voice.

"Hey, Alex. My shoot for an advertisement got canceled. So I thought of checking up on your progress with the song. Mind if we meet?" Frill's voice came through the phone, filled with her iconic lackadaisical yet reserved energy. 

"Hmm. Yeah, why not." He answered cordially. "Do you know where IchigoPro's building is at?"

"Nope, but it's fine. I'll take a taxi. I won't be intruding won't I?"

"Not at all. I could use some more input actually." He said as she glanced down at the piano. "I'll be waiting."

"Alright, see you later.

The call then ends as Alex continues playing his piano.

.

.

Frill stepped out of the taxi, her eyes widening as she took in the towering presence of IchigoPro's building. Its sleek exterior exuded an air of creativity and ambition, a place where dreams were brought to life. She paid the driver, thanking him, before turning her attention to the entrance.

Entering the main lounge, Frill's gaze swept across the space. It exuded a warm and inviting atmosphere, embellished with the legendary idol Ai memorabilia that adorned the walls. The images and mementos of the deceased idol evoked a sense of nostalgia and reverence, reminding her of the impact Ai had on the entertainment industry.

Her attention was then drawn to a figure standing near the reception desk. It was Alex, waiting patiently with a relaxed expression. Their eyes locked, and a sense of familiarity washed over Frill. She approached him, the anticipation building within her.

"Hey, Alex," Frill greeted him, a touch of admiration in her voice. "The lounge looks so homely, and the  Ai memorabilia adds a nice touch."

Alex chuckled a hint of pride in his eyes. 

"Yeah, it's a little tribute to Hoshino Ai, one of our industry's legends. But come on, let's head to my music studio."

They navigated through the corridors, passing by bustling offices and creative spaces. Frill marveled at the energy and passion that permeated the building, feeling a sense of belonging.

As they arrived at Alex's music studio, he pushed open the door, revealing a haven of creativity and inspiration. The walls were adorned with posters of musical icons, amplifiers, and instruments that stood at attention, and the room was bathed in warm, soft lighting.