Chapter 20 - Love and Lust

(Third Person POV)

"A...Akane?"

Aqua found himself reeling from the impact of Akane's performance before him. He had seen many talented actors in his career, but there was something about Akane's portrayal of Ai that left him petrified. He was trying to process everything he was witnessing. Akane's transformation into Ai had been nothing short of astonishing.

Her mimicry of Ai's voice, the subtle nuances in her expressions, and the way she effortlessly embodied Ai's charisma had left Aqua in awe. It was as if he was witnessing the spirit of the late star come to life before his very eyes.

Aqua's heart was racing, and he struggled to find the right words to continue the scene. He felt a mix of emotions – admiration for Akane's talent, amazement at her dedication, and a hint of restlessness as it was like he was talking to a dead person, that person being the woman who gave so much light into his life.

As Mem-Cho and Yuki approached, they greeted Akane with warm smiles, their excitement evident. "Welcome back, Akane!" Mem-Cho exclaimed, giving her a playful wink.

Yuki chimed in, "It's great to see you back!"

Akane, still in her Ai imitation, greeted back. "Thanks for waiting for me guys!" she said, her voice exuding the same charisma that had captivated everyone on set.

Kengo and Nobu joined the group, and Nobu expressed his concern once more. "Are you sure it's not too soon for you to be back, Akane?" he asked gently.

Akane smiled warmly, her eyes shining with determination. "Eh, what do you mean~?" she replied confidently, still in character as Ai. "Ah, you mean cuz I was like getting super flamed? Oh, don't worry, that sort of thing happens all the time! I'm A-okay!"

Nobu nodded, seeing the conviction in Akane's eyes. "Alright, then. Just promise us that you'll take care of yourself," he said, giving her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

With a nod, Akane turned her attention to Aqua. "Hey, Aqua! Wanna hang out?" she asked, her voice now playful and mischievous, a perfect blend of Akane's own personality and Ai's charisma.

Aqua's heart skipped a beat at Akane's invitation. "Uh... sure... I'd love to," he replied, trying to keep his composure.

.

.

As filming went on, Akane continued to amaze everyone with her portrayal of Ai. The set was abuzz with energy and enthusiasm, with everyone swept along by Akane's charm. The cast and crew couldn't help but be drawn to her as if she possessed the same magnetic aura that once lived in Ai.

The cameraman usually focused solely on capturing the scenes, found himself unconsciously zooming in on Akane, wanting to capture every nuance of her performance. The director, too, was entranced, marveling at Akane's ability to bring Ai to life.

As time continued to pass, Akane's presence brought new energy to the set. Her dedication and talent shone through in every scene, and it was evident that she had truly embraced the role of Ai with her heart and soul. Akane's perfect imitation remained the talk of the filming crew. The cast and crew couldn't stop raving about her performance, and the anticipation for the finished episode reached new heights.

Aqua also found himself reflecting on the events unfolding as he went on wherever Akane wanted to go. He couldn't deny the impact that Akane's portrayal of Ai had on everyone, himself included. There was a strange charm about her, a mesmerizing quality that enchanted people.

Akane, still in her Ai persona, approached Aqua with a grateful smile. "Thank you, Aqua, for making that video for me. It meant a lot," she said, her voice carrying the same enchanting charm she had displayed on camera.