Chapter 9 - Improvisation

(Third Person POV)

"Eh?! Aqua's appearing in a drama?!" Shocked, Ruby's gaze turns to Aqua.

The triplets plus Miyako were lazing around in the comfort of their own home. Since it was early in the day, all of them decided to have some family time before they all leave and proceed with their responsibilities.

"Why did you tell her?" The said man exasperated, looking to Miyako.

"Well, you wouldn't have told her. It's the agency's job to do public relations for their affiliated talents." Miyako laid it out.

"Isn't this just like Mama said?" Ruby propped a somber smile. "Someday I might become an idol, someday Aqua might become an actor..." Her eyes shift to Alex beside her who was on his phone. "And here's Alex who became a music artist, finally living the dream that Mama wanted for him."

"...It's not just her dream that I became one." Alex scoffed. "Going back on topic, you know that Aqua will be acting in Sweet Today right?"

"Sweet Today?!" Ruby's eyes sparkle. "You mean that one manga in Aqua's room? That was a great read!"

"Stop borrowing my stuff without asking!" He chided.

"It's a drama produced by a recently established internet TV station. It will have six episodes, of which three have already aired. And an established music artist will be making an original ending song that will summarize and encapsulate the entire story as a final touch and send-off, solely for the fans." Miyako glances at Alex as she said it. "The main cast is mainly made up of newcomers, it looks like a rather small-scale project."

"Aqua's role seems to be that of a villain that appears in the final episode," Alex adds.

"That's perfect for you, isn't it? You have an evil-looking face after all."

"Shut up." The blondes bicker as usual.

"It's on Amazon Prime, so we can watch it right now." Miyako shows them the site containing the show and its cover photo.

"Then let's watch it!"

"I'll have to pass." The purple triplet announced as he stood up from the couch. "I have acting class in an hour, so I'll be leaving early."

"Already?" Understandably, Ruby sighed. "Can't you just push it back? It's not every day that we get to laze around together."

"Lazing around is bad enough as it is. I and Akane have already set our schedules aside for the class. I'm not about to waste her time or the chance to learn more from such a good actress." He walks to the door. "Maybe some other time." And he leaves.

"..."

Aqua's eyes caught a glimpse of his sister's melancholic expression. The corners of her once vibrant smile now curved downward, mirroring the weight of her irritation, or better words, dismay. He could see the depth in her eyes, tinged with a mix of longing and disappointment. Aqua knew that this was because of Alex. 

Ever since Alex spent more time bettering himself and his talents as a music artist, the time he spent with them was almost non-existent. He knew just how much Ruby loved Alex, and seeing the situation within them of course didn't sit right with him. Aqua made a note to confront Alex about it, as he didn't want Ruby to make such an expression again.

"Akane? His acting teacher is a girl?" Suspiciously, she looked at Miyako. "Is it me, or is Alex acting a bit more enthusiastic about his acting classes?"

"It's just that she's really good at acting that he's drawn to learn more from her. They're both talented in different fields, so it makes sense for them to convalesce and learn from each other. But then again." Miyako chuckles. "Who knows, maybe something might be up with those two that we don't know about. What do you think, Aqua?"