40 | Epilogue

Massimo Revello

1 year later

My now wife was entertaining her guest. Making small talk with one of her models. Laughing to whatever joke they had made. Grabbing her hand in a playful matter.

I didn't like it.

"Just walk up to her if you are so bothered." Rhys comments as he stood beside me. A very intelligent man that now worked for my security company. Smart in many ways but not when it came to relationships.

"Why? So that annoying journalists can write about how 'controlling' I apparently am?" I questioned him causing him to laugh.

"So you do read what they write about you?" Rhys voiced out and I decided to simply ignore him.

Serafina now glanced behind her locking eyes with me. A smile plastered on her face as she made her way towards me.

"Such a scowl on your face Massimo. What's the matter?" She questions.

Rhys nodded as he took the hint. Left me alone with Serafina. Satisfied, I kissed her forehead and placed a hand on her stomach. Glad that I could have them all for myself.

"Can't we just go home?" I hummed into her ear. Not wanting to let her go anytime soon.

"Marco told me you were supposed to chat with new potential business partners." She said making up excuses. "I just left your side for a minute since a few of the models I worked with are here as well." She explained herself making me sigh.

"He keeps leaving all the social gatherings to me." I complained as I hugged Serafina tighter. Serafina softly laughed at my words. Smiling up to me with her big brown eyes.

"Maybe because he is in Italy. I'm sure if he was here he'll be standing right next to you." She tried to make me feel better.

Tiredness is taking over my body as I tried my best to seem a bit enthusiastic to be here. However I wasn't, everyone could tell. Work that is usually split between us two is now being thrown my way. Never knew the day would come where I was actually missing my older brother.

Serafina pressed her lips on mine before walking off again. This time conversing with one of the photographers that works for her magazine. I watched her closely before concluding that I needed some fresh air. Something to keep my eyes open and not doze off. Aldus stood at the entrance, his arms crossed trying to look very intimidating. An earpiece stuck in his ears as he constantly scanned the area.

"You're stepping out for a bit boss-man?" Aldus questioned me.

I simply nodded, far too exhausted to answer.

"Do you wish for me to go inside and keep a close look on Serafina?" Aldus asked again.

Those times have passed. Having to keep a close eye afraid that she might end up being harmed. Danger still lurked around every corner yet in the streets of London there was much less danger than there was in Italy. Not many people know what sketchy business I'm part off. Which caused me to be more at ease. Still, nothing is the same as it was a year ago. After all she is the love of my life and carrying my child.

"Yes and make sure those models stop touching her." I reminded him causing him to break into a smile.

"Sure." He replied as he stepped inside.