06 | A big mess

Massimo Revello

Despite always confronting my problems head-on, this time around I would rather not. I could feel the questions floating through the air. My brother had his eyes fixated on me. Following every step that I made. Marco had his eyebrows raised. He removed the toothpick that had been in his mouth to speak. A habit we both had and couldn't break.

"Who was that woman?" Marco asked curiously.

"That was Serafina Ricci. The real question is why is she here." My youngest brother Arthur asked.

"This is not why we are here. We're here to talk about the next merchandise." I spoke as I sat on the couch right in front of my two brothers.

"What is she doing here?" Arthur asked again completely ignoring what I had said.

"I don't see why I should discuss that with you." I said annoyed.

"Because if something happens to her. You're fucked, I'm fucked. Everyone would be fucked." Arthur spoke and waited for me to answer.

"I attended a ball with her, she was my date. A shooting broke out and her brother asked me to keep her safe, and that's what I have been doing. Now stop asking questions." I had said slightly annoyed.

Marco hadn't said a word afterwards. Both of them simply listened to what I had to say. The meeting we were holding didn't last long because they were all agreeing with me. However when we went back to the mansion I had offer them a drink, and perhaps even stay for dinner. It was impolite to have guests over and not offering them anything.

Sera had been in the kitchen, and instead of her bothering Aldus and Corbin she found her next prey. But it didn't seem as if Angelo was bothered by it, in fact he seemed amused. Since Aldus and Corbin were taking care of the merchandise, Angelo wasn't too busy.

"You can be honest with me Angelo, is he overworking you?" She wondered, keeping her voice low. In case someone was eavesdropping. However she wasn't speaking as softly she thought she was.

"Serafina." Angelo said sternly however she didn't take the hint.

"You weren't even eating your food earlier, you were inhaling it." Serafina complained.

It was the first time I had heard Angelo laugh so loudly. Usually he would be serious and cold. Keeping his answers short, yet now he seemed bright. He seemed to be enjoying her company. I coughed loudly letting them know that I could hear them.

"Speaking of the devil." Serafina said disapprovingly.

"You should start acting your age Sera." I told her as I gave my brother's something to drink. Since they both declined to have dinner with me.

"And you shouldn't overwork your employees." She stated as if I was truly over working Angelo.

"Overworking?"

"Yes, look at him. He is clearly stressed." She responded and I decided to ignore her.

Angelo noticed my brothers and greeted them, Serafina did the exact same thing. She had shaken their hands instead of kissing them on the cheeks. Arthur seemed to be bothered with her presence and I was certain he would say something inappropriate, or offensive. Yet for the first time of knowing my little brother he kept his mouth shut.

"Oh before I forgot to ask when is Flavio coming?" Angelo wondered and I shrugged.

"He will probably be arriving at the same time as Corbin and Aldus." I stated and walked away. Leading my brothers to the front door to say goodbye.

Malevolent जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें