20 | Secrets between families

Massimo Revello

The entire situation has left me feeling powerless. Decisions needed to be made. Yet peace was no option. The last days we have been thinking and plotting. Looking for ways to react to what had happened or perhaps not react at all.

Rodrigo and his family needed to be stopped, and as much as I didn't want to start a war it seemed like I had no choice. I grabbed my phone and dialed Romeo's number. Waited for him to pick up and after a few seconds he did.

"Is my sister okay?" Was the first question he asked and I laughed through the phone.

"She is perfectly fine. I called because Rodrigo send a few men to break into my home while my guards were away. At first this was a Ricci matter and I didn't want to intervene, but seems like I will have to either way." I explained.

The other line was quiet for a second. Afterwards a sigh was to be heard. "What are you going to do?" Romeo asked slightly concerned.

"What I should have done days ago." I replied calmly.

"Whatever do what you want but just make sure my little sister is safe." Romeo spoke with worry.

"Alright." Was all I replied with as I glanced at myself in the mirror. My black suit made me look intimidating and my hair that kept growing was in a low bun. I buttoned my shirt up and tucked my gun between my pants.

There was no knocking on the door. It just suddenly swinged open. Sera stood there barely clothed and had a look of distress on her face. She was filled in about what happened for the most part, yet I left out what I was plotting.

"Everyone in this house is walking around with guns, yet no one wants to explain why." She spoke clearly frustrated. Her eyes were glued on mine and was following my every move.

"We always walk around with guns. This isn't anything new." I responded and she didn't seem too happy with my reply.

"Massimo." She called for me sternly and I smiled at the mention of my name.

"Yes Sera?"

"What's going on?" She wondered as she stood in the doorframe, not budging.

"Sera, move."  I warned her but she stayed in place. Stared me down like I was one of her friends. Her arms crossed and everything.

I took steps closer towards her. My tall frame hovering above her. I looked down to her with a raised eyebrows. "Are you going to make me repeat myself?" I wondered and she nodded her head.

"I want ask again either." She replied.

"Who was that guy you fancied again? Rodrigo's brother? Flavo?" I wondered.

"Flavio." She corrected me.

"Well consider him a dead man." I replied and the shock on her face was an indication that she was in shock. I took her by surprise by shoving her gently to the side. Angelo was already waiting downstairs with the guards and Sofia seemed to share the same concern as Sera.

Sere followed me downstairs. "You can't do that!" She said frustrated.

"If you guys kill him it's going to start a war!" Sofia shouted scared out of her mind. She has never been a fan of violence.

"Don't mean to interrupt but that's the whole point." Arthur replied in my place.

"You can't do that Massimo!" Sera repeated herself and it brought me so much confusion.

She saw the footage of the men breaking in. Arthur made sure that what was being said could also be heard. Rodrigo's name was mentioned plenty of times, and so was Flávio's. Sera is convinced that they are good people and mean no harm. That they are good friends and will never hurt her or her family.