07 | Homesick

Serafina Ricci

Never expected myself to be in this situation but I was, and I have never disliked myself more. The fact that he was a killer and a very dangerous person wasn't something I paid too much attention to. Because if I ignored all of those facts it made him a better person in my eyes. It made me less terrified.

The sound of those gunshots he had fired some days ago were still echoing in the back of my mind. The image of him holding a gun in someone's mouth was something I will never forget. However it made me doubt myself, it made me revalued on what I think was a good person. My morals weren't corresponding with my actions, I wasn't supposed to be so comfortable around him. I wasn't supposed to be at ease around him.

Was I a hypocrite? Perhaps I was and it made me avoid eye contact with him. He was too close to me and missing his shirt. His upper body was exposed and so were his tattoos. He was making me nervous and for a brief second I forgot that he was a mad man.

"You lost your tongue Serafina?" Massimo for once had said my name instead of the nickname he had given to me. It wasn't my intention to let my eyes roam his body yet I did, and I noticed the gun that was hidden inside his pants. I held my breathe and closed my eyes as memories invaded my brain. Reminding me why I shouldn't be so relaxed around this man.

I could hear Massimo chuckle. His hand found its way on my cheek. He caressed it slowly as he demanded me to open my eyes. I wasn't so sure what was going on but he had rested his head on my forehead as he took the gun out of his pants with his free hand.

"Mmm you went back to fearing me." He said softly, the amusement in his voice didn't go unnoticed.

"I want to speak to my brother." I told him irritated and he laughed. He was so calm and collected. It had bothered me. Massimo put soms distance between us, he scratched the back of his neck with his gun.

"I'm not sure Sera if you will be able to talk to him tonight. But I'll see what I can do alright bambina?" He had said and walked away.

When he left I could finally breathe. I was so upset at myself. Frustrated I went back to the kitchen. A spot that was slowly starting to be my favourite spot in the entire house. Aldus leaned against the counter while talking to Corbin and Flavio. Despite not wanting to realise that Massimo had been right, I still found myself believing him. Despite still wanting Flavio to give me some attention, I found myself slowly not caring.

Aldus had placed his hand on the wound. Perhaps asking too many questions wasn't something I should do. But I was too curious.

"What happened?" Aldus glanced at me unsure if he was aloud to answer.

"Things went wrong." He answered shortly.

"Yeah could figure that out on my own, but what went wrong?" I asked again and Aldus had his eyebrows raised.

"I don't think I can answer that question."

"Alright I at least want an apology."

"Apology? Why should I apologise?" Aldus asked completely confused.

"For getting shot." I said as I slapped his arm out of frustration. This entire situation wasn't the same as my brother, yet it made me think about him. All the danger and uncertainty this line of work brought with it. It made me upset that we will all never live a normal life, but a life filled with violence.