13 | Surprising him and myself

Serafina Ricci

My world became a lot more brighter when I noticed Luna. Everything in my life was such a mess. She was my reminder of the semi normal life I used to live.

She told me all about her ex boyfriend. About how her parents reunited. Luna filled me in on how most people in our cycle weren't as innocence as we thought they were. The mafia is a business and many people were part of it. Even people we were close too.

"Wait, who told you?" I wondered and I laughed in amusement.

"I have always known, but you have always been so scared of some things. I didn't want to add fuel to your fire." She admitted and I nodded in understanding.

There was a short period of time where I was paranoid. It was during the period I found out about my family but didn't want to face the truth. Anything that involved the mafia was a subject I didn't want to talk about. The people that ruled our town were easy to spot. Even the cops feared them, naturally I did as well.

"You knew about my family before me?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Our father's are co workers and friends and my parents are against hiding the truth. They think that it's a crucial information that all their kids should now."

"Has it ever bothered you?" I wondered because it was hard. It kept me wide awake at night. My parents have thought me good and wrong. Their line of work went against everything they have taught me.

"Yes it used to but at the end of the day people do what they have to do to put food on their table." She explained and I nodded in understanding.

Luna suddenly frowned. Looking behind me with disapproval written all over her face. Curiously I turned around, trying to see what made my friend all tense up. It was a man around my age. Short brown hair and tanned skin. His eyes stood out a lot. He approached us radiating confidence.

It took me some time to remember him. Luan also known as Luna's beloved cousin. The most obnoxious, annoying and self centred man you could ever meet stood in front of his with a grin on his face. A grin that didn't mean any good. Wherever Luan went trouble always followed.

"What do you want?" Luna spat out. It was clear she wasn't very fond of him.

"You should do something about that attitude of yours Luna." Luan spoke irritated.

"Shut u-" before Luna could even finish her sentence Luan interrupted her.

"A little bird told me about your family situation. Didn't expect you to show up all beautiful at a ball while you brother has been shot Serafina." Luan always spoke without thinking. He said what he wanted whenever he wanted. Your feelings? He couldn't care less about that.

"Really? And I didn't expect you to put your nose in business that doesn't concern you Luan." I retorted back which had made him smile.

"Mmm but it does concern me princess. Not only your business concern me, hers too." He spoke annoyed as he glanced at Luna.

"What are you talking about?" Luna wondered confused.

"Anyone wearing a ring shaped in a snake is a man you should avoid. There is maximum security in this building, but both of you should stay in our vision. Since you brought a few of your own bodyguards you should be safe. Luna I advise you to stay in my field of view." He explained to me and Luna.

"Is there an issue here?" Corbin came from behind me. Luan showed him a black card with numbers written on it. Corbin nodded his head silently as he went back from where he came from.