32 | Tears and tight hugs

Massimo Revello

I had been working, taking care of endless  documents. Marco and I wanted to expand our business. Apart from our clubs we owned, we also planned on starting a new business. Separating our legal work from our illegal  job. My eyes glued on my paper work I could hear someone entering my office.

Angelo stood there with a saddened look on his face. Making me wary, he has never been the type to visibly show his emotions. Not even to me.

"Romeo." He breathed out as if a burden has been lifted from his shoulders.

I grabbed the phone and pressed it to my ear. "Yes?"

"Serafina has been shot." Romeo said through the phone. My eyebrows raised in confusion.

"How and when?" I asked calmly as I stood up. She must be alright since Romeo wasn't panicking.

"They told us the surgery went fine. We are now waiting for her to wake up." He whispered the last part through the phone as he send my the address by message.

"Alright I'll be there." I hanged up the phone and quickly grabbed my keys.

The drive to the hospital wasn't a long one. Parked my car and made my way to her room. Hesitating for a short while just to open the door abruptly. Her father stood in front of her bed while her mother sat in the corner almost lifeless. Romeo on the other hand sat right next to her. Glancing over at her once in awhile. Probably hoping her eyes would open again.

At the sight of her sleeping form I wavered. Unsure if I should hold her close to me or if I should close my eyes.

"How did this happen?" I asked out loud. Made my way to her bed and held her hand.

"Rodrigo shot her." Romeo explained and I sighed. So far I was able to keep my calm yet right now I couldn't bring myself to suppress my anger.

"You guys are letting him get away with awful a lot." I voiced out and focused all my attention on her father. Mr. Ricci was already looking right at me with a somber look on his face.

"He shot your son and now your daughter. Are you not planning on doing something about it?" I asked annoyed as my gaze met with Serafina again. My heart beating so loud in my chest. If I was him, I would have hunted down that bastard and made him plead for his life.

"You kill a fly with patience Massimo." Mr. Ricci spoke as he stood up, approaching me slowly.

I scoffed. "Patience?" I wondered in disbelief. The way this man was being completely calm was beyond me. His only daughter was laying in a hospital bed and that didn't seem to bother him. "Mr. Ricci, I respect you sir. However you aren't making any sense. A powerful man like you should be able to take care of Rodrigo in an instant. What is making you wait?" I asked.

"Massimo." Romeo called out my name. Warning me not to say another word.

"I'll be back." Was all Mr. Ricci said as he walked out of the hospital room with his phone in his hand.

They were being vague. As if they had something up their sleeves. However the rumours about them slowly losing their ranking as one of the most powerful families in the country must have been falls. They were too laid back and unbothered for it to be true.