33 | Wet kisses and clothes

Serafina Ricci

My mother has always been over the top. The day I got released from the hospital she decided to throw a party. She invited everyone she knew, anyone that her mind could think off. Even old friends of hers I haven't seen in years.

According to my mother me being released from the hospital was such a celebration. The gifts that sat in the living room was only growing in size while I felt like I was slowly suffocating. I truly adore my mother however this was too much. Someone might have thought I came back from the death.

Our beach house underwent several changes. She went far and hired someone to paint the walls, since it didn't match the thema she was going for.

If mother was already so extra on a daily basis I wouldn't want to know what she would be like if there was actually something to celebrate. Like a wedding or a child being born.

"Honey, does this look okay?" My mother asked my brother.

I stood right behind my mother and tried to signal my brother not to answer. This was a trap, he should know better than to fall for it.

"Yea?" His answer came out more like an question. Not enough to make my mother feel reassured.

"What do you think Serafina?" My mother wondered and I smiled.

"You know mom, I think we forgot a few things in the kitchen?" I tried to change the subject.

"Oh really. That's not good. I'll be right back." Mother panicked as she disappeared with a very puzzled look on her face.

My father shook his head in disapproval. "You shouldn't mess with your mother like that."

"Really father you could have stopped her. An entire party? Really?" I asked in disbelief as my eyes were glued on all the desserts that graced our dinner table.

"Oh please there is no stopping your mother." Father defended himself and I rolled my eyes.

The ball rang and I took a deep breath. Preparing myself to socialise with my parents friends I haven't seen in years. Instead Luna and her father walked through the front door, and as any other guest they brought gifts.

"Mr Marino, Luna." I said happily and jumped into their arms. "Is there anyway you could convince mom to put an end to this party?" I wondered which made both of them laugh.

"You know better than anyone that no one comes between your mother and celebrations." Mr Marino breathed out making me very frustrated.

Soon after the doorbell rang again and this time around it was Massimo and Angelo made an appearance. Even Aldus and Corbin were here as well making me surprised. I have seen them in casual wear however Angelo could never be spotted without a suit. This might be the first time I have ever seen him in just a simple t-shirt and jeans.

"Who is that?" Luna asked curiously.

"That's Angelo. Massimo's...friend?" I finished my sentence unsure.

Luna suddenly grabbed my hand leading me towards them. The eyes she was giving me was one I was all too familiar with. She was screaming 'introduce me to him'. The Angelo I know didn't seem easily swayed by women. So I wasn't sure if her charms would work on him.