38 | Five days to go

Massimo Revello

A smile graced my face as I glanced at the email that was sent to me. My brothers seemed to be in a better mood. Even Angelo couldn't help the grin that appeared on his face.

"I suppose I should start packing." Arthur comments which made Marco laugh.

"Tickets were already bought. We are leaving in a few days." Marco reminded him and the reality of the situation only made me more tense.

Arthur glanced at me with a wondering look on his face. I could already hear his question rolling off his tongue. "Is Serafina coming with us?" He wondered.

"I have yet to ask." I told him.

Marco's eyes met mine and I could feel how confused he was. We are expanding our new business. Temporarily moving to a different country. That's information that she would deem as important. I know that, I was well aware yet somewhere I'm afraid I won't hear my preferred answer. I'm afraid that she would rather stay with her family that I kept her away from.

My brother's left the room leaving me alone with Angelo. The look on his face told me I'll receive unwanted advice. "You should tell her." He started making me sigh.

"I know."

"I mean, you should tell her now." Angelo continued. "Trust me Massimo, she would be upset that you are leaving in less than a week and you didn't bother informing her in advance."

I nodded my head in understanding. "She likes diamonds or do you think it only applies to earrings?" I asked him, causing him to raise his eyebrows.

"What are you implying?" Angelo questioned.

"She needs to have something to remember me by." I told him and stood up to grab my phone."

Dialed Sofia's number. My phone rang a couple of times before she picked up.

"Hi Massimo." She spoke with a high pitched voice.

"I need to find Sera a diamond ri-" My sentence was cut short by her screams. I removed my phone from my ears and patiently waited for her to finish.

"A diamond ring?! Oh my goodness. Since I'm a wedding planner I know the best avenue's for the wedding. Do you prefer something indoors or outdoors? I happen to be in contact with the most talented woman. She makes the best wedding dresses." She squeals. "Oh and the invites-"

"Sorellina, calm down." I told her hoping she will take a breath of fresh air in between her rambling.

"Okay, one thing at a time. I can send you a few and you pick one out. I'll be able to send it to you in an hour." She told me and I smiled.

"Alright." I said goodbye and hung up the phone.

"Since when is she a wedding planner?" Angelo wondered.

I shrugged. "I have no idea."

Sofia was true to her words. She sent me the ring I picked out. Now I hoped that the size was perfect as well. Grabbed my keys and drove to her house. Her father would most likely not be too happy I'm here but that didn't stop me from ringing their doorbell. Mr. Ricci opened the door and without asking any questions let me in.

"She is in her room." Mr. Ricci informed me.

I quickly went up the stairs and knocked on her door. Serafina turned around in surprise. She jumps into my arms and buries her face in my chest. The smile on her face was enough to fill me up with joy. Not seeing her for the coming months will definitely hurt.